main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Pixel 5 eSim - Works!

4: Newbie

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know I brought a Pixel 5 unlocked and eSim works perfectly.

Cheers, David

View more options
17 REPLIES 17
17: Community Champion

Thank you for letting us all know.  👍

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options

Well, I requested moving to e-Sim about 8 hours ago. So far, nothing happened, my physical SIM is still on.

I'll keep you posted.

View more options

I requested mine yesterday at around 6pm for the first time and it arrived in my inbox in 5 minutes. I was expecting issues to be honest but it ended up being really easy. Have you checked your junk folder? Your signal will suddenly disappear when they've activated it.

View more options

The SIM is still active, so no point in checking the email...

View more options

I tried again, stucked on the same place. An "order successful" message on the screen, the SIM still works and I'm waiting for the email with the QR code.

Please let me know if I do something wrong..

Screenshot_20201016-121126.png

View more options

Hey @Nightwish, I'm disappointed to hear you're experiencing a delay getting your eSIM active. If you've still not received the email with your QR code, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

View more options

Thank you so much.

I will wait until tomorrow, as today my number is being ported from EE and at the moment not even MyVodafone works.

View more options

That'll probably be why it's not working - I'm already on Vodafone. You're in for a treat, in SW London I'm getting 315Mb down and 80Mb up!

View more options

I guess you are right, they just finished porting the number, I tried right away and received the email within 5 minutes.

View more options
15: Advanced member

@davidfaulkner wrote:

That'll probably be why it's not working - I'm already on Vodafone. You're in for a treat, in SW London I'm getting 315Mb down and 80Mb up!

Nice. Here in East London the coverage map says there's coverage but there's not, so no 5G for me. Vodafone inisist my mast has 5G, but it doesn't!

View more options

To be fair 5G coverage is very sporadic, and sometimes the 5G symbol disappears almost as soon as it's picked it up! There's also some weird anomalies, like at Ealing Broadway I had a download speed of 5Mb which was slower than 4G. It could be my device had connected to WiFi which is why the reading was so low. However the attached screenshot is tests done around the District Line in SW London. I'm sure as more 5G devices connect things will slow down, however 5G is sometimes faster than my home Virgin Media connection and 4G can be equally as impressive.

Screenshot_20201019-115930.png

View more options

The coverage map here in E14 has red 5G squares around the local masts, but there's no 5g on them. The only mast with 5G is some way away, so only pick up 5G in specific places.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Friday when a lot of people get access to 5g and find it wasn't worth the wait.

View more options

Ah that's a shame. Perhaps venture out towards Central London if you're not isolating just to experience 5G before it becomes available to the masses. Fingers crossed they resolve the 5G issues around E14 ASAP :Smiling:

View more options

My walk to Pret picks up 5g in one spot so at least I know it works, but it's very limited. Hopefully we'll see some upgrades soon.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hello! 

Might I ask you how did you had your eSIM QR code? I have tried several times during the last 3 days, but I didn't receive any email form Vodafone with the QR... I asked in the live chat and I talked with 6 different people, and they told me 6 different things. And the last one, from technical team, finally told me that Google Pixel 5 is not compatible in Vodafone UK by the moment..

I really don't know what to do now, to be honest!

Thanks!

View more options

@AlbaEV wrote:

Hello! 

Might I ask you how did you had your eSIM QR code? I have tried several times during the last 3 days, but I didn't receive any email form Vodafone with the QR... I asked in the live chat and I talked with 6 different people, and they told me 6 different things. And the last one, from technical team, finally told me that Google Pixel 5 is not compatible in Vodafone UK by the moment..

I really don't know what to do now, to be honest!

Thanks!

Alright, let me tell you my experience. I requested the eSim the first day I logged in to Vodafone, just after requesting to move my number from EE to Vodafone. For 3 days I tried multiple times to enable it, but I wasn't receiving any text from Vodafone with the settings.

Eventually, the day came when they ported my number to Vodafone. The same day I tried again and all of the sudden, it worked. I received the text in a couple of minutes and next thing I know, I was on the eSim.

So, in my case the delay was probably related with me giving up on the phone number I was supposed to move to eSim...

Or it was just buggy Vodafone systems, who knows.

View more options
3: Seeker

I really appreciate you telling me your experience! In my case, I've had my number in Vodafone during 2 years.. So who knows what is going on!  It seem like even they have no idea according to my experience with customer service. You have been more helpful than them already because I was about to giving up!

Thank you very much!

View more options