Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 5 eSim - Works!

davidfaulkner
4: Newbie

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know I brought a Pixel 5 unlocked and eSim works perfectly.

Cheers, David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello all,

After two months trying, I finally have my eSIM working.

I contacted (again) with the customer service, and this time I was lucky with the person who was in the other side. He offered applying for the eSIM swap on my behalf and, when he was doing the request, he told me that there was an issue with my contact info (after more than two years in Vodafone UK!). He updated everything for me, and he didn't ask me what device I was using (so we didn't have the same conversation about compatibility like other times!). I received the text about the request, and 1 minute later, I had the email with the QR in my Inbox. Following the instructions, I set up everything really quick and easy, and I have my two SIMs working fine.

Good luck if your are still not able to get it!

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

BackSeat, are you receiving other emails from Vodafone, like the monthly bill ones?

They told me the same as @BackSeat: the Vodafone eSIM was not compatible with Pixel 5 yet but they were working on it... In fact, after many tries with support chat, a guy from tech team told me that they were not accepting request for eSIM for Google Pixel 5 because of the compatibility and will be until Pixel 5 appears on the web as compatible.

I tried many times  (through iOS app, Android app and browser) since mid November, and I didn't get the QR and they didn't deactivate my old SIM, but I get the rest of SMS from Vodafone as bills...

Hello all,

After two months trying, I finally have my eSIM working.

I contacted (again) with the customer service, and this time I was lucky with the person who was in the other side. He offered applying for the eSIM swap on my behalf and, when he was doing the request, he told me that there was an issue with my contact info (after more than two years in Vodafone UK!). He updated everything for me, and he didn't ask me what device I was using (so we didn't have the same conversation about compatibility like other times!). I received the text about the request, and 1 minute later, I had the email with the QR in my Inbox. Following the instructions, I set up everything really quick and easy, and I have my two SIMs working fine.

Good luck if your are still not able to get it!