Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Unlocking Phone

Mags264
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Help needed. Very long story but my husband is with Vodafone.  He upgraded in March and gave his S7 to me. Unlock code put in not worked. Vodafone saying new network fault. My network saying vodafone. After 2 months I went down the pay as you go route. 30 days now passed requested unlock code. Received it still not worked. I get the message SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. Can anyone help?

Thanks

46 REPLIES 46

Thanks for your reply

Tried it. Put the unlock code in when requested says unsuccessful. To be honest we must have entered loads of numbers on the sim unlock. So perhaps of I go to Vodafone shop and say keep your cap phone and stuff it where sun doest shine. Oh dear I think my patience has ran out 😣

I have done this.  I have got the SIM had for 30 days. Got my unlock code. Doesn' work still getting request for SIM unlock code. Chatted online got email address for NUC resolutions emailed got a generic reply saying I need an unlock code. Emailed back to say NO I have had this need a SIM unlock PUK. Got the same generic email back. I don' understand the phone is out of contract and therefore paid for by my husband. He then gives to me but I can' use it because of this problem. I get told to go on community if any problems. Why can Vodafone not help. This is ridiculous can I pursue this legally as Vodafone have no right to this phone

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mags264 I understand this may be frustrating for you. It seems that we've given you multiple NUC which we would have gotten from our designated team. You mentioned that we keep leaving messages on your voicemail, what are the messages being left? If you've logged a complaint regarding this, it'll be us wanting to resolve it for you.

I understand that but when my husband explained the first time on the phone they just wanted to give us an unlock code and after numerous times of saying we need a SIM unlock code we were told that was incorrect so my husband is having nothing to do with it. I then decided to get the SIM for 30 days and the reason they phone everyday is they are wanting to close the complaint. Whomever we speak to does not understand we need a SIM unlock not an NUC. I am not sure how else to say this and that is why it's frustrating 

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mags264 It sounds like you've had a bit of trouble trying to get your phone unlocked!
We'd love to get this resolved for you and take a look at where the problem lies.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thank you for your help with this John.  I have sent the form off and hope for a response.

Hoping this will sort it.

Philip11
4: Newbie

Absolutely ridiculous farse trying to unlock a Vodafone Samsung galaxy seven edge. Got the unlock code from Vodafone. Got my SIM unlock code from my current provider Tesco mobile. . Nothing works .. My SIM unlock code is the correct one.  But Vodafone nuc doesn't unlock. It is undoubtedly a Vodafone problem.vodafone knows about the problems but can't fix it by the sheer volume of complaints on the Vodafone forum.. if you ask me its ALL to keep you into the Vodafone network.  I intend to complain to Ofcom about this crazy SCENARIO ..ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH FUMING!!!!!!!

Philip11

Welcome to the club..I'm in the same situation,,,,arggghhhhhh

Philip11

Absolutely ridiculous farse trying to unlock a Vodafone Samsung galaxy seven edge. Got the unlock code from Vodafone. Got my SIM unlock code from my current provider Tesco mobile. . Nothing works .. My SIM unlock code is the correct one.  But Vodafone nuc doesn't unlock. It is undoubtedly a Vodafone problem.vodafone knows about the problems but can't fix it by the sheer volume of complaints on the Vodafone forum.. if you ask me its ALL to keep you into the Vodafone network.  I intend to complain to Ofcom about this crazy SCENARIO ..ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH FUMING!!!!!!!

My husband is in the exact same situation. Totally unresolved. He did an update on his S7 edge and the phone got stuck in boot up mode. Literally nothing we could do, tried everything to get it to work - in the end we gave up and he decided to use my sons second hand phone (my old S7 edge, which was on o2, but unlocked) Same issue - enter sim unlock code. Phoned vodafone who gave him several different codes to try, which didnt work. They sent out a new sim, which also asked for a sim unlock code, again the same process of inputting various numbers which didn't work. Now they say that it was the phone unlock code they were using,  rather than the sim code. Uh!

We ordered the new S10 in between all of this as his contract is almost up, which has now been delayed, can't check anything on his account as the verification process to get into his Vodafone account sends a text message to your phone, a phone he cant use. So now, no new phone and a phone and 2 sim cards he cant use. No idea of a way out of this! He is self employed, drives all over the country with no Sat nav and no way to contact his clients, it's been virtually impossible for him to do his job over the last week! Bizarre how we live in a time where so much relies on technology - but it's what he's paying almost £60 a month for! Hopeless company,  I'm with o2, never had any problems like this!