Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Unlocking Phone

Mags264
2: Seeker

Help needed. Very long story but my husband is with Vodafone.  He upgraded in March and gave his S7 to me. Unlock code put in not worked. Vodafone saying new network fault. My network saying vodafone. After 2 months I went down the pay as you go route. 30 days now passed requested unlock code. Received it still not worked. I get the message SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. Can anyone help?

Thanks

46 REPLIES 46

Mags264

Afree reading many many posts on the community forum it is now quite apparent to me that Vodafone are very unhelpfull.  My husband still has his contract with them and the phone I have is his old S7 so Vodafone will loose nothing in me having the phone on my network. However I have never in my life had so much trouble with a phone. I would like the master code to unfreeze this phone and nightmare.  I would like to start using the S7 that i have been given.  My husband sent a letter 2 months ago complaining about the way Vodafone are.  We heard nothing.  We then completed the complaints procedure on email. Vodafone rang my husband and said that he has had the ublock code and can they close the complaint. My husband just put the phone down. Vodafone continue to telephone everday and leave messages on our home phone.  Why can' they just unlock the phone. Ridiculous. I don't think my husband will continue with them next time. 

I have the exact same issue, been passed around between Vodafone to new supplier, to Samsung. Samsung advise that they no longer lock their devices since 2015 and it is down to Vodafone who have locked the phone. Samsung themselves don't generate a NUC its Vodafone's resp to do that. I am unable to port my number to new supplier due this issue and having to pay for 2 contracts in the mean time. Did you manage to get to the end of this issue?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @smistry82, we'd love to help get your phone unlocked. We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

How do I know your link is genuine? I am not willing to share some personal details that you are asking.

Hi, over a year later. Can I ask how this was resolved.

I am in a very similar situation waiting for a "master unlock code" from Vodafone. 

I transferred to a diff provider on 27th Aug and a month later and after many calls, emails and messages I am still waiting for my handset to be unlocked.

I ended up on Vodafone chat yesterday and the person I spoke to had heard of the MCK code, they capture all my details as per every other agent that has dealt with this and said I'd get the code within the next 1-2days. 2 days later, no response....which is no surprise.

I am in exactly the same boat, been trying for ages to get my phone unlocked  went down the 30 day PAYG route, obtained a NUC code AND STILL IT SAYS IT IS UNSUCCESSFUL!!!!!! Vodafone, sort this out before I go to OFCOM and Trading Standards.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rsymons I understand how frustrating this must be, especially after a further 30 days of using a Pay as you go SIM. So we can help with getting your phone unlocked for you, please send us a private message with your details, Community username and link to your post to us on Facebook or Twitter.

Once we have your message we'll be able to contact you to securely access your account and resolve this.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've seen the Puk request before @Mags264 which is a red herring. A Puk is required only if a person has inputted their SIM pin in wrongly too many times. 

There are some master codes in the following links >

S8-Unlocking-My-experience and Unlocking-Galaxy-S6.

If these do not help then Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can escalate this to the Nuc Unlocking Department and can also give you their direct email address too for help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.