main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Unlocking Galaxy S6

2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

View more options
113 REPLIES 113
17: Community Champion

The Puk Code is if a person accidentally keys in their sim pin in wrong 3 times. It's a security feature to stop anyone inserting your sim into any phone if they get access to it. 

The Nuc Code in my experience is something a person should just need to key in when they insert an active Non Vodafone Sim card In the phone which typically invokes a pop up box. 

Be careful not to try too many times as that can permanently block the phone. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

The strange thing is that I was not even provideid an option to put my PIN in, before it said it was blocked. I have the PUK code, and yet it still does not work when the prompt appears to enter it. I understand what each do, but for some reason the process seems to be broken on my phone.

View more options
Administrator

@jackhenson So we're able to assist you further with this, please contact our team directly using the private message I've sent. 

A member of the team will then be in touch. 

View more options
Highlighted

Had the same  problem, eventually found the answer ( not from vodafone)

You need to remove sim card then enter the code as folow #7465625*638*#    ( enter it into the phone keypad and press send)

You will then be asked for the network unlock code - the 8 digit code at the top of your post.

The phone then displayed the message telling me that the phone was network unlocked

Hope this helps

Patrick

View more options
1: Seeker

How do you send with no sim card I am also having same problem 

View more options

Hi Pat

Still did not work for me. It just says unsuccessful and then forces me to restart the device.

Regards

Jack

View more options

@Garyhannaete @jackhenson I can see our team have replied to your email regarding your unlock code.

Please respond to this and we can assist you further 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi. Trying to get mine and my wife's Samsung S6 phones unlocked. This has been going on since July . I have the nuc codes....don't work.  Several hours on different occasions online help telling me its the sim.  Its not. No sims other than Vodafone sims will work in these phones. I've tried several from different networks and all work fine in my cheap Chinese phone.Went to the Vodafone store they didn't know . Tried an online service but the failed and gave a refund. Went to a shop who unlocks phones and charged an extortionate amount only to give me the same nuc codes that I already have. They now say the phone needs a puk not for the sim but for the phone itself....which I need to get from Vodafone..... Message on both phones "sim network Pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK". So please help.

View more options

Hi Andy

It's the exact same issue for me. I believe there may be a problem with the phone itself. My phone said SIM pin blocked, even though I have never had to enter a pin in the past!

Clearly, nobody knows what this is and how to tackle the problem. Both PUK codes from both mobile providers do not work.

Jack

Jack Henson

View more options
3: Seeker

Finally after months managed to get it unlocked. A company in Canada remotely accessed my phone through my PC. The recovered the nuc , which I already had but more importantly the Unfreeze code. I then entered both these codes, while the guy was online ..and it worked after a couple of goes. It cost $40 and going to do the same tonight with the other phone. Not cheap but the amount of grief I was getting from my wife for downgrading to J5 phone's from Virgin....its worth it. Don't know why Vodafone couldn't help. The shop even told me to drive 60 miles to the nearest Samsung shop for them to sort it. [MOD EDIT: Removed external link]

View more options

Tried that fix and it did not work for me still waiting for my phone to be unlocked turns out the wait is ten working days. Considering it's The Festive season I might be waiting a long time

View more options

@Mzieq Have you completed our NUC form online?
If you've completed this and you haven't had an automated response, or you've had a response and it's been more than 10 working days, we'd like to help.
If this applies to you, I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch with our dedicated team 

View more options
4: Newbie

John,

The problem is that the phone needs a PUK unlock code, not an NUC.  I went round in circles and eventually spoke to someone at Samsung who confirmed that Vodafone uses the PUK to lock Samsung phones.  This is confusing as the PUK is generally associated with a SIM lock, so every Vodafone support person I chat to tells me it's the sim and therefore not a Vodafone problem.  So Vodafone locks the phones using a PUK but doesn't train their support staff on how to unlock them.  I'm currently exchanging emails with the nucresolutions team, but it's painful; the last one told me that I had to be with Vodafone for at least 30 days before I could be issued an NUC, even though earlier emails showed the NUC I had already been issued!  So back to square one - I've been with Vodafone for more years than I can remember!  This is the first time I've had trouble unlocking a phone with Vodafone, but I can't believe Vodafone has such poor internal communications and training on the Samsung locking issue.

View more options

I Have completed the online form twice and the nuc I got didn't work. I then called and was told to wait ten working days and still nothing. I then got a all from Vodafone telling me to provide proof that my phone is indeed not unlocked as their records showed otherwise. My question is why would I lie that the code given didn't work? I sent the screen shot to the email provided only for it to bounce back as the address didn't receive emails.

All I am after is to be able to use my phone why do I have to be messed about all because I chose to get service somewhere else?

View more options

This is the screen requesting an unlock code.  Note that it requires a SIM network unlock PIN.  This is not the same as an NUC; the NUC Vodafone typically provide doesn't work.

Galaxy-S8_Midnight_Black_Front

View more options

That makes more sense which brings me to the next question, where do I get this code from?

View more options

Exactly!  This is the code I keep asking Vodafone for, but the support people aren't trained on this issue and don't understand that it's Vodafone that have used this to lock the phone, and it's not the same as an NUC.

View more options

We'll need to access both of your accounts to look into this further and make sure you both receive the correct codes 😊 

@Mzieq Please follow the private message link provided by @John to get in touch with us. 

@hughdunford I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us also. 

View more options

This problem affects all Samsung phones from S6 to S8, maybe others as well.

My S8 is now unlocked.  Someone at nucresolutions understood the problem.  Basically, the phone needs two codes:

1. Master code

2. Network unlock code

Vodafone needs to train its staff on this issue as it took many phone calls and pressing over several weeks to get it resolved. As soon as they hear the words 'sim lock' they assume it's the sim card that's locked.  I only had the will to pursue this because Samsung technical support assured me that it was a Vodafone issue and to keep pushing for a resolution. 

View more options