Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung A21S wifi calling

AndyMH
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A repeat of an earlier post October 2020. I'm hoping things have advanced in the last 18 months. Does the Samsung A21S support wifi calling (and SMS text) with vodafone? The solution in the original post was moving to EE.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Wi-Fi-Calling-Samsung-Galaxy-A21s/td-p/2672247 

Had an email a couple of weeks ago from Vodafone - we are turning off your suresignal in November latest.
Link in email:
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/voice-connectivity/sure-signal-shutting-down
on that page:
"We’ll let you know 60 days before we turn off Sure Signal in your area."
So is the email the 60 days notice, countdown to 13 September?

"We’ve made such big improvements to our network across the UK, Sure Signal just isn’t needed anymore."
Try telling that to someone with no mobile signal at home, and

"If you can only get 3G in your area and your device doesn’t support WiFi calling, then please get in touch with us"

Well does no signal at all count? So I did.

First person I talked to had not got a clue - , my question you are turning my suresignal off and I live in an area with no mobile signal and a phone that does not do wifi calling, your website says get in touch, what are you going to do?
Absolutely clueless, no helpful advice, nothing. Managed to get escalated, Tier 2 was no better. But he did categorically state that the Samsung A21S did support wifi calling. Note this phone call was probably 30 minutes long.

So I had a look:

• the Samsung A21S is not listed as a compatible device on the vodafone site.
  • in the phone, on the phone screen select 3 dots > settings. No option to turn on wifi calling.

The phone in question is a Vodafone contract phone, supplied by Vodafone probably about two years ago (the phone was not available until June 2020).

Come on Vodafone, get a grip, if on your website you say "then please get in touch with us" then at least have your staff trained to provide support. A replacement phone at no cost that does do wifi calling (and SMS) would be a good start. As it is I end up here posting on the community forum.

The Samsung is my partner's phone. I have a Sony XZ1 compact. It does wifi calling but NOT SMS text over wifi. Without that how am I supposed to get OTPs for online purchases? I'm resigned to moving to another supplier, but what about my partner and her Samsung?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @AndyMH 

The model of phone you mention is in the supported list calling-features/wi-fi-calling  " 

• A21s (A217F)

" 

Ask the Vodafone Support Agent on 191 to send an Over The Air Configuration for Calling Over WiFi so the files are sent to your phone , and please double check to ensure the function is toggled On in your Myvodafone.

The getting in touch suggestion may mean so Vodafone can see if the person is due an upgrade / early upgrade  / flexi upgrade etc to see if then a phone can be supplied that is eligible.

I totally understand and appreciate how frustrating this must be for you both.

I've known people switch network as a last resort. 

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.