Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung A3 broken screen text recovery

alisonmd
3: Seeker

Is it possible to recover texts from a Samsung A3 with a broken screen. The buttons on the handset light up but the screen itself remains black.  No calls received or notification sounds.  I have tried to run a recovery programme but it needs the screen to work for a debugging mode (not sure what that is).  

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

In short, no.  You need to be able to enable debugging mode for most of those sort of apps to work and you wont' be able to do that if you can't see what is going on with the screen.

You will need to send the phone off for repair, and from personal experience, I'd recommend finding your nearest Samsung repair centre as they seem to be pretty quick.  Please be aware that the first thing that they will do is completely wipe your handset in order to protect your personal data, so you'll lose your texts. 

PWIAC

alisonmd
Thanks for your help, I thought that might be the case unfortunately.

drey_p

Just so you know for the future, Android now offers options to back up things like texts automatically. Or, if you wanted, you could download a third party app which back up your device automatically. Both options will back up to your Gmail or Google Drive so if you completely lose your phone, you won't lose all your data etc.

Do remember that having your phone constantly backing up can use up s lot of data.

PWIAC

BellyWhite
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It is possible to recover texts from a Samsung A3 with a broken screen. In my opinion, Android Data Recovery will help in such a situation. Although your Samsung A3 with a broken screnn, this program also can help you recover your texts easily and quickly. It not only can restore your texts, but also can retrieve your other data.

If you don't make a backup, you can try a android recovery to extract text messages from Samsung.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This is an old thread, but for the benefit of anyone coming to it late, the problem with a repair will be that it will involve a reset, which will lose all data.   A DIY job might circumvent that, but it would void any warranty, so give that consideration before proceeding.

If anything is important, back it up is the general rule.   There are apps which will back SMS up to a cloud account, but the process will (if course) only work if done in advance.   Recovery after the event is difficult or impossible.

Personally I always follow (jJck) Schofield's law: data doesn't exist at all unless it exists in at least two places.

Partelesd
1: Seeker

Since your screen is broken you can't enable USB debugging, here the Android broken data recovery tool can fix it easily, after installing, choose "Broken Android Data Extraction" >" Fix Device" , after that, you can extract the data and to save them on computer.