Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Helby1981 – We can check the code. I’ve sent you a private message 

@Philip11 - The four-digit code you’ve received, sounds like it’s a security PIN. Please reply to the last email we've sent, including the PIN. We can then access your account.

@larsfole – We’ve got your email reply from yesterday and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can.

No private messages in my private message box ?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It doesn't look as though you've been sent a PM.   I think what the team are looking for is a reply to their last email (ie in your email, not forum, inbox).   If you haven't got it, I'm sure it can be re-sent - just drop a note here.

What is a pm ??

has anyone managed to get this to work yet?

Yes, or so I think so , I'm getting emails from Vodafone asking me the same  old #####  .Can you tell me this can you tell me that regarding  your emei , can you given the last unlocking code we sent you ,, honestly  it's a complete and utter farse , Vodafone  wouldn't know there are from there elbow  , this has been going on for so long ,  all I want is to unlock my phone  ,,aghhhhhh

I can confirm I have exactly the same experience, last idea is to contact Samsung, will keep you all posted

At last some action!!!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry this is taken longer than expected to resolve @larsfole I can see you're in contact with us via email. We'll be happy to contnue to help untill we have a suitable resolution for you. 

Am I right to assume from your latest post @Philip11, you've been able to unlock your phone now?

No ..still not resolved ,so so angry about it