Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S20 Data not working

PERRYMARSHALL24
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a S20 Ultra on contact with you guys.

Last week i received a notification saying I have lost connection to the Vodafone Network and can't use internet unless I am connected to WIFI.

I tried my sim in another phone and it works fine.

Vodafone asked me to send my phone to repair, I have done this and it has returned with the same issue - Still with no data.

When I insert the sim it doesn't even message me with the configuration message, not sure if that's an issue too as when i out the sim in another phone it sends that straight away.

Any help would be great Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion

Does it work as a phone - can you make calls and send text messages (via SMS)?

If so, the next thing to try is the APNs.   Normally, inserting the SIM should install these if they aren't there, but try texting WEB to 40127.   If that doesn't work, go into Network settings and make sure that Pay Monthly Data is set as the default Access Point Name.

All of that ought to have been done as part of the repair, but it's possible the phone was simply tested and found to be OK and not examined further.

AnnS

Hi @PERRYMARSHALL24 

Check you have the latest software on the phone > settings > software >  download and install.  

Most probably the phone has temporarily lost it connection, try updating the SIM on the network and complete a manual network scan from your connection settings. Firstly, turn the phone on without the SIM, replace the SIM. settings > connections > mobile networks > network operators > select a network manually > network scan > select any other network, wait for it to reject the request and reselect Vodafone.  Follow this with a reboot.

Although the SIM works perfectly in an alternative phone it does no harm to get a replacement SIM here: SIM swap 

The phone should have been factory reset by the repair centre, just in case this has not been done you can reset the phone, this will take delete everything so make sure you have backed up first.

There is further information from device guides here: Device Guides S20 Ultra