Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8+ Video Calling

Dennyjo8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have read so many posts on this issue, dating back to 2016, and I still can't believe Vodafone has STILL not resolved the problem!!!  

I am not able to make video calls on my new Samsung S8+, I have spent hours 'chatting' to both samsung and vodafone to try and get a solution - the latter have apparently never heard about there being an issue (and they were the technical team which doesn't bode well, as clearly no on is looking to resolve it!!!).  

I put my sim into my boyfriend's new S8 (to O2) and it worked perfectly - which obviously backs up the fact that this is to do with vodafone locking their phones and the firmware they use to do that.  

The solution I've been given is that I should send my phone away to samsung to 'investigate' - as I'm out of 30 day cool off this would mean I'm without a phone for 2 weeks which just is not do-able.  So I'm pretty much stuck with it!

It would be helpful if any moderator on the site could answer a few questions - 

a) if Vodafone have known about this issue for years and still not resolved it - why????

b) if there is a solution being worked on - when will it be available to us loyal paying customers who have been with vodafone for years??

c) will we be receiving any kind of compensation for not having this feature when it is clearly something that samsung support and alledgedly vodafone do too?  ( I have been repeatedly told that it's not vodafone's fault as they have activated the right settings on my account for me to be able to use video calling!

I also wondered if anyone else had tried getting their vodafone handset unlocked to see if this solves the problem? I have requested my unlocking code, I don't expect vodafone to refuse me!!!!

99 REPLIES 99

Hi @Mark

I already replied to the last email recieved on 25/06/2018 on the same day with my AP and CSC version as requested. I never heard back anything since.

any way I'm not sure why you require this as I bet if you take any Voda supplied Samsung Galaxy launched since S6 they all got the same problem, I myself changed quite few S6, S7 and S8s with same problem and also staffs from 3 diffrent store checked with other stores to confirm this.

I can assure you that there is no issue with handsets but the issue is Voda bloatwares.

Regards

Vicky R

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicr76 I can see on the email we sent we asked you to check something on an alternative phone to give us a better idea of what's going on. Have you tried this yet?

Hi @Adam

I already replied to that and confirmed that I got Sansung Note 4 on Voda bought from CPW and tried my S8 sim which works fine.

I can see videi calling option but I never tried to maje video calls though as making call is nit my concern the option should be avalable so I can make call in future or in any other country sim when I visit.

Regards

Vicky R

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicr76 I'm sorry I thought your query was regarding the fact you weren't able to see the Video Calling option which made you unable to place Video Calls? 

You mentioned you checked it in another device but didn't test the Video Call as this wasn't the problem. I'm a little confused with this.

Hi @Adam,

I don't think there was anything confusing in my reply.

The whole thread is about non-availability of the option to make video call ( i.e. no option for video call on the dailer or within any contact, only option available is Call or Message) so in my reply I just said that I tried my sim in Note 4 bought from CPW on Voda contract and the option to make video call is visible/ available on dailer and every contact as well.

So what I wrote in my previous reply is the option to make video call is available but I didn't tried to make a call and check if it is workis as that is not my main concern but the problem is on the handsets Voda provided Samsung S6 onwards the option on the dailer is not available at all.

To make it more clear I don't want to check if Voda support or allow to make me video calls but the issue is this option on dailer is nat vailable at all on Voda supplied handsets. I have now unlocked my Handset but the option is still not thre so if I travel to any other country (e.g. India) and use local sim I still wont be able to use video calling even though lots of network provider in India support video calling and included in the plan.

Please let me know if you still don't understand my issue.

Regards.

Vicky

Vicky R

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicr76 Forgive me, I do understand your issue, it was just your last comment that I didn't fully understand. Thank you for clearing it up. I've checked against the case reference you gave and can see that one of our team have responded regarding your query in which there hasn't been a further reply from yourself. Please check your spam and junk mail and respond to the email if needed. 

Hi @Adam

The last email I recieved asking my phone's AP & CSC version which I replied with detsils and screenshot.

After that I didn't receive any email or update.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicr76 I can see one of our advisers responded on 2 July - has this appeared in any spam or junk folders? 

If you're not able to locate this email, please reply to the latest email you received from us and we'll provide you an update.

Hi @Natasha

I have rechecked my Spam and Deleted folder and there is nothin from Vodafoneregarding updte on this issue.

I have also replied again to the email I recieved on 25/06/2018.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicr76 Thanks for letting us know, I can see a member of the team replied to you yesterday via email 😊