cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stopped receiving automated texts! Help!

Nessie_pom
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, can anyone help? I have stopped receiving automated sms text messages e.g. from my bank or appointment reminders or the government emergency COVID-19 notification. Any ideas as to how do I rectify this? Texts from other numbers are fine. This seems to be a problem with all automated text messages only. I have allowed all marketing and premium texts, unblocked unknown numbers etc. On my phone but nothing has worked. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. I spoke to Vodafone via Facebook and after I had tried restarting, resetting my network, and also restoring my phone to factory settings (none of which worked) they suggested that I try putting my sim in another phone to test if it's a device or network issue. When I tried the other phone all the texts came through and when I put my sim back into my phone they continued to come through, so somehow the issue has managed to solve itself. Phew! Thanks

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Nessie_pom,  this recently happened to me after a firmware update. It was resolved by refreshing my connection by restarting my phone. If this doesn't help, back up your phone and perform a factory reset. This will remove whatever's causing the issue. If you're still not receiving these messages after doing this, let us know and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Hi! Thanks for your reply and your suggestion. I tried restarting and have tried resetting to factory settings and nothing has worked! Obviously having restored to factory settings means I have had to sign in to my email accounts etc. again, some of which require a verification code sent via text that I cannot receive! I can't seem to fix it! Please help! 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've heard of this happening before, although not often.  I suspect there isn't a single solution.   This will probably need account access, so contact the Social Media Team via Facebook or Twitter.  They'll normally authenticate you with an SMS code, so explain that you won't be able to receive it.   There are other ways they can be sure of your identity.

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. I spoke to Vodafone via Facebook and after I had tried restarting, resetting my network, and also restoring my phone to factory settings (none of which worked) they suggested that I try putting my sim in another phone to test if it's a device or network issue. When I tried the other phone all the texts came through and when I put my sim back into my phone they continued to come through, so somehow the issue has managed to solve itself. Phew! Thanks

Walgreenslistens wrote:

Very good explanation. Thanks for your article

amiroofing wrote: