cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to send a message on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 when my phone is turned off

aide199
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm unable to send messages from my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 if my Samsung Fold 3 is turned off - it just doesn’t give me an option to send or reply - I can make calls fine from the watch when my phone is turned off

Help!

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You may need to have a word with customer services just to ensure your One number is all set up correctly @aide199 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

Or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Twitter or Facebook can help,

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I personally connect my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier watch to my Samsung Fold3 via Bluetooth so I can't check myself for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

aide199
4: Newbie

I have just contacted Samsung support and they’ve advised me that I can send/receive sms from the watch when my phone is turned off

So the question is - what can’t I?

Just got off live chat with Vodafone and they have confirmed that I should be able to send/receive messages from my watch when my phone is turned off or not with me.

After a 1 hour 45 minute conversation with Vodafone they have been unable to resolve the issue, they even got me to swap my esim and again this never worked.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

hrym

I wonder whether it's worth going back to Samsung and asking them how to make sure the watch has the message centre number?

Hi aide199,

I am having the same issue. Just got my watch in the past week. I can disconnect from Bluetooth or switch off my Samsung S21 and I can make and receive calls, download apps, connect to the Web, etc.  however just like you I cannot send or receive texts.

When I do attempt to connect I get the Bluetooth not connected error or an error message on the text.

If all other services are working there must be an error in the network configuration set up - I am going to go back to the Vodafone store and seek some advice and help.

Hi aide199,

So couldn't wait and got onto Tobi (Vodafone's chatbot service). I got passed to technical support - they must have changed something in the network setting for my mobile number, asked me disconnect the watch with the phone and vice versa and then turn them both off and wait for 5 minutes.

I turned both devices on, connected them again and then my watch disconnected from the mobile network and reconnected. I disconnected the devices from one another and could send and receive texts.

Just so you know, when disconnected from my phone I could send and receive calls, complete downloads, search the Web, etc. 

If yours is the same scenario, I would get back in touch with Vodafone support and seek to have technical help support assist you. Best of luck !!