Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RogP - This is strange.

I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

Please let us know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

@Gemma wrote:

@RogP - This is strange.

I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

Please let us know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I was responding to the forum posting by Mark which said he had sent a private email but never received.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RogP - I’m sorry for the confusion. I’ve sent you a private message with how to send us your details.

Once we receive them, we can look into what’s happening with the code.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RogP - I’ve just come across your other posts in this thread. It sounds like you’re already in touch with my team by email. Please let us know the email reference number (it looks like #123456).  

Well I'm pleased to say I finally got the Master code to unlock my S6. Took eight weeks, many emails and much persistance trying to get social media  to understand HughP's forum posts explaining that two codes were required.

It only came about eventually by calling customer service and stressing time & time again what was needed and pointing out yet again it was not a PUK issue and ignoring going through all the procedures which I had been told to do many times before.

I was finally put through to someone who understood. I only wish they would pass the information to Social Media - helpful as they try to be !

Thanks HughP.

Tried that fix and it did not work for me still waiting for my phone to be unlocked turns out the wait is ten working days. Considering it's The Festive season I might be waiting a long time

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mzieq Have you completed our NUC form online?
If you've completed this and you haven't had an automated response, or you've had a response and it's been more than 10 working days, we'd like to help.
If this applies to you, I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch with our dedicated team :Smiling:

John,

The problem is that the phone needs a PUK unlock code, not an NUC.  I went round in circles and eventually spoke to someone at Samsung who confirmed that Vodafone uses the PUK to lock Samsung phones.  This is confusing as the PUK is generally associated with a SIM lock, so every Vodafone support person I chat to tells me it's the sim and therefore not a Vodafone problem.  So Vodafone locks the phones using a PUK but doesn't train their support staff on how to unlock them.  I'm currently exchanging emails with the nucresolutions team, but it's painful; the last one told me that I had to be with Vodafone for at least 30 days before I could be issued an NUC, even though earlier emails showed the NUC I had already been issued!  So back to square one - I've been with Vodafone for more years than I can remember!  This is the first time I've had trouble unlocking a phone with Vodafone, but I can't believe Vodafone has such poor internal communications and training on the Samsung locking issue.

I Have completed the online form twice and the nuc I got didn't work. I then called and was told to wait ten working days and still nothing. I then got a all from Vodafone telling me to provide proof that my phone is indeed not unlocked as their records showed otherwise. My question is why would I lie that the code given didn't work? I sent the screen shot to the email provided only for it to bounce back as the address didn't receive emails.

All I am after is to be able to use my phone why do I have to be messed about all because I chose to get service somewhere else?

This is the screen requesting an unlock code.  Note that it requires a SIM network unlock PIN.  This is not the same as an NUC; the NUC Vodafone typically provide doesn't work.

Galaxy-S8_Midnight_Black_Front