Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Thanks @JohnJ . 

Please resend it because I still didn't get it.

Best,

M

Vodafone sent this email:

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your device. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next
Here is your unlock code ...

Please find here instructions specific to your device on how to use the unlock code. Once you’re done, you’ll be able to use your device on another network.

No joy?
If after following the instructions your new SIM doesn’t work, don’t worry – just get in touch with us through the Vodafone Community

That is why I come to the Vodafone community :Smiling:

Best

M

I have exactly the same question as we discussed in this thread.

Therefore, they now require the code Defreeze / MCK / Master Control key to unlock my Samsung note 8.
My contract is fully paid and I would like to be able to use this phone with my new network provider.
I have tried unsuccessfully to call several times that it is frustrating. By the way, I aleady have the code NUC.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@reformar04 I'm sorry to hear you're having problems unlocking your phone and using this with another provider. We'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you and ensure it's unlocked as soon as possible 😊 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

Hi Vodafone moderators.

I'm facing the same error (Sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK) on my 2 Samsung Galaxy S8 devices.

I was already given the NUCs by Vodafone but I need the MASTER codes for both devices.

As per instructions on this forum, I sent 2 emails to NUCresolutions but can you speed up the process? I don't want to wait several weeks for such simple solution.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As we'll need access to your account to look into this @consta77, pop us a Private meesage through Facebook or a direct message on Twitter, including your full name, mobile number and a link to this post and we'll be happy to look into this for you 😊

Good day Moderator, I have the same the issue of being prompted for the SIM network Puk or to be clear, the master code . I have already received the Network Unlock Code (NUC). Please advise on best way forward to retrieve this information. Phone is an S6, Model: SM-G920F.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Amlin - we'll need to access your account to get this raised to our NUC team. Find out how to get in touch here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Hi I need the same thing can someone help me been trying for more then 8mthw but nothing I did it matter pls someone help me as I need to travel with it, many thanks

patward

Had the same  problem, eventually found the answer ( not from vodafone)

You need to remove sim card then enter the code as folow #7465625*638*#    ( enter it into the phone keypad and press send)

You will then be asked for the network unlock code - the 8 digit code at the top of your post.

The phone then displayed the message telling me that the phone was network unlocked

Hope this helps

Patrick