Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart N10 VFD630

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

I have been receiving a notification,stating " Couldn't install system update " Tap to learn more.The next screen states " Couldn't update. Verification problem. Good news ! There is an important software update available.Please install for enhanced security. Update size : 90.51 MB  Try again. Once the download has completed,the above message appears again along with the Restart now message.Upon hitting Restart now,the install gets to 25:% then a error! message appears. The same messages and outcome keeps repeating.

Any help in resolving this problem,would very much be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just tried to update again ... and it worked. Same on my wife's phone. It was a bit slow and took ten minutes to do but all good. I know Admins have been working behind the scenes and it seems they've done the trick. Thanks to all concerned.

View solution in original position

71 REPLIES 71

Still can't install system update. I would like to know what progress has been made with regards to this update.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there guys! Thank you for your ongoing patience with us.

We're still investigating this, we've chased up with our contact today who was out of the office for several months. @Case has been helpful in our findings and we've reached out to them again via email as the manufacturer has requested further details.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, I wanted to post a quick update to let you know I'm still chasing this for you.

@Peterpoos As our manufacturer has requested for further details, I've reached out to you via your registered Community email address. Please reply back to this when convenient - if this is something you're unable to carry out for us please let me know and I'll arrange something else 🙂

Once I have any further news relating to this, I'll add this to the thread here.

Any progress with this? I'm now having issues connecting my phone to the internet and wonder if this system update failure is becoming more of a problem!

The last contact I had was with Tash on the 23rd July 2021. This was via private email rather than through the Community Forum. Copy of her reply was as follows " RE: Log Request for Vodafone Smart N10 VFD630" "

Thanks for sending the log over to me Peter!

I’ve passed this onto my contact today. One of my colleagues Mark will be monitoring for updates moving forward as I’ll be moving to a new role after today! He’ll be in touch as soon as we have any news either via email or on the Community thread.

Thanks for your help,

Tash

Vodafone UK Community

The day before Tash sent me this reply after I had supplied her with the log file she requested. QUOTE " 

Thanks so much for the update Peter!

It may be that the Modem log completed more quickly that the other selected logs. I’m sorry about the time it’s taken to record the files for you, I had no idea it could take that amount of time!

If you’d like, you can send over the recordings you have at the moment by attaching this to your reply, and I’ll forward this to our manufacturer so they can analyse the logs we have so far. If they request for the full logs we can get back to you to let you know 😊

Thanks,

Tash

I have heard nothing from Mark or Natasha since these two replies from Tash. Rather disappointed that nobody has kept us updated on the problems with this update.

Regards

Peter

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry I've not been in touch @Peterpoos, I've reached out to my contact in terminals on a number of occasions and he's advised he has not had any update from the manufacturer since we provided the logs. He has chased and is awaiting further information, I'll update you once I know more.

As soon as we've got a solution to this issue, I'll post as much information as we can on here too @GazHo, apologies for the delay in getting this resolved. 

It is now over 3 months since any news at all has been posted about this update. With due respect,this is not good enough. It would be a lovely early Christmas present if there was a solution to this ongoing problem. If no solution,then at least some updated news. Why is it taking to so long to resolve this problem. There have been problems with these updates for the Smart N10 since June 2020 .

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Peterpoos - I'm really sorry that there's been no update on this, I'll try and get an update for you ASAP. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the delayed response @Peterpoos. We're still chasing this, but as we no longer range anything from this manufacturer, we no longer have a day to day relationship or a contact within the organisation and it's proving very difficult to find someone to raise this issues with. However we will continue to chase this until we get a suitable resolution.

Having not received any posts since February this year about this ongoing saga of a problem with the system update of 94.69 MB. I thought I would post a reminder in the hope that this problem has not been forgotten/overlooked. I assume it would be a waste of money to purchase another version of this phone,knowing that the same problem will still be in existence. Have any of the other posters in this thread had any luck with the update .

Regards

Peter