Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart N10 VFD630

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

I have been receiving a notification,stating " Couldn't install system update " Tap to learn more.The next screen states " Couldn't update. Verification problem. Good news ! There is an important software update available.Please install for enhanced security. Update size : 90.51 MB  Try again. Once the download has completed,the above message appears again along with the Restart now message.Upon hitting Restart now,the install gets to 25:% then a error! message appears. The same messages and outcome keeps repeating.

Any help in resolving this problem,would very much be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just tried to update again ... and it worked. Same on my wife's phone. It was a bit slow and took ten minutes to do but all good. I know Admins have been working behind the scenes and it seems they've done the trick. Thanks to all concerned.

View solution in original position

71 REPLIES 71

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

Thank you for your reply back AnnS. Yes I am using my WiFi connection at home.Device storage=Have used 12.67GB out of a total of 16.00GB. SD Card=Have used 11.90 GB out of a total of 63.85 ( 64GB )

Thanks.

hrym
17: Community Champion

That sounds like enough, but I'd still try to create more.   Clear the app caches by going into Settings|Storage and hitting Clear Cache.   If it still doesn't work, see if there are any apps you can uninstall temporarily.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Peterpoos, it may help to process the update manually through your settings. Please click here for a guide in regards to this and let us know how you get on 😊

Thank you Beth for the tip.The guide takes me to the same screen as per the notification received.It is still the same result.

Peter

hrym

Try clearing more space as I suggested.  Just over 3gb internal ought to be enough, though.   I don't think the update process uses the SD card.

GazHo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Have same phone model and having exactly the same issue.  It's exactly the same on my wife's phone as well. Have tried all the suggestions to date but no luck.

In some way,it's good to know that it would appear to have nothing to do with the Apps that I have on my phone !

hrym

Hi, @GazHo.   Could you also check what free space you have on the device?

I have 2GB available. Wife's phone has 3GB available.