Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart V10 Headphones

gryphon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My wife is using the Vodafone Smart V10, during lockdown she's tried a set of wired headphones in the 3.5 headphone socket but getting nothing (the headphones do work). I've tried scrolling through the settings to see if there's anything i need to tweak but nothing. 

I've tried pairing my Bluetooth headphones and the work fine via Bluetooth.

Has anybody any suggestions for using wired headphones on the V10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @gryphon 

Are you able to test the earphones with another device as a process of elimination  ?

Also try another spare set with the phone if you can. i.e see if someone you has a spare set.

As the phone has a 3.5mm jack any headphones / earphones should work.

There are so many different types and ear fits it's hard to suggest an option as we all like different makes , models and types.

When your inserting the jack ensure that it's pushed in firmly.

It could also be worth using a torch to peer inside the jack port to ensure no dust , lint or debris has worked it's way in.

Don't use compressed air as this can drive bit's further up into the phone.

Use a wooden toothpick or similar to very carefully remove debris.

Again be careful.

I assume the phone hasn't had an accidental bump and the water sensors haven't been triggered ?

If this does not work and there's nothing you can see in the phone's settings and no app could be hindering this then a Vodafone Highstreet Store can take a look under the 24 month manufacturing warranty when they re open sometime after the 15th of June.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @gryphon 

Are you able to test the earphones with another device as a process of elimination  ?

Also try another spare set with the phone if you can. i.e see if someone you has a spare set.

As the phone has a 3.5mm jack any headphones / earphones should work.

There are so many different types and ear fits it's hard to suggest an option as we all like different makes , models and types.

When your inserting the jack ensure that it's pushed in firmly.

It could also be worth using a torch to peer inside the jack port to ensure no dust , lint or debris has worked it's way in.

Don't use compressed air as this can drive bit's further up into the phone.

Use a wooden toothpick or similar to very carefully remove debris.

Again be careful.

I assume the phone hasn't had an accidental bump and the water sensors haven't been triggered ?

If this does not work and there's nothing you can see in the phone's settings and no app could be hindering this then a Vodafone Highstreet Store can take a look under the 24 month manufacturing warranty when they re open sometime after the 15th of June.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Band of Brothers

So, after something you said i went back and tried again, this time making sure the jack was pushed all the way home and that was it, the jack hadn't been pushed al the way home. Thanks.

BandOfBrothers

Been there done that myself @gryphon  :Smiling:

I'm glad that helped.

Take care and 🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >