Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling On XCover 6 Pro

Stevros
4: Newbie

I got a XCover 6 Pro contract with Vodafone, however I am currently struggling to get Wifi Calling activated for it.

Since I moved house years ago my phone signal with Vodafone has not been great, but wifi calling has helped with that (having previously had a "suresignal")

Since upgrading to an XCover 6 Pro I seem to no longer have Wifi Calling as an option.

Research online shows that the handset is capable of supporting it (says if you can't see the option it is the carrier that doesn't support it) however I know Vodafone support wifi calling.

Their digital assistant pointed me to the device setup guide, which unhelpfully does not have the XCover6 Pro, only the XCover 5 & XCover 4 in there.

Can anyone help tell me how to find/unlock the option on my phone. 

4 REPLIES 4

Effie

Hey @Stevros I hope you're well. We would need to check your account to make sure Wi-Fi calling is enabled from our side. As we have no account access on the Forum, please pop over to our Social Media Team here so this can be checked out for you. 

So went through the social media team, got told to phone the support line, through to them, then got transferred to technical support.

24hours later they have rung back to see if any new settings are active. None were. Further discussions with the technical team.

Final verdict: Vodafone do not support Wifi calling on the XCover 6 pro.

It was confirmed that the XCover 6 pro supports wifi calling (with other carriers) & that Vodafone supports wifi calling with the older XCover 4 & XCover 5, but the latest Samsung in the XCover range is not on their supported list... very disappointing!

arpcpro
1: Seeker

I confirm that the XCover 6 Pro supports WiFi Calling in Vodafone Germany. I found this post because I am trying to disable the notification that is permanent. It always shows in the notifications "IMS Service, Vodafone WiFi Calling, Emergency calls in areas with celular coverage only". There is no way to disable or hide this notification unless I disable the feature. Also the WiFi calls cannot be recorded with the phone native call recorder.

arpcpro
1: Seeker