Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling samsung a52

Af8tmw
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have no option for wifi calling, I have followed all other advice but it is just not appearing as an option?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Af8tmw 

This is a recent thread I replied in today which may help. 

Pixel-6-Wifi-Calling. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks tried that, didn't work. I have just sent the text but already had a confirmation from Vodafone that it is enabled but still don't see it in settings..

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Af8tmw 

So if the Phone meets the required criteria i.e   has been supplied by Vodafone UK........ and you've looked in your myvodafone for any relevant settings to toggle On, i.e  

• My Vodafone > Services and Extras > Calling options
  • My Vodafone app > Manage Bars & Extras > Buy and manage extras > Calling options 

....... and the relevant settings in the Connectivity section in your phone's settings......

I'd suggest to contact customer services via 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM here  , and ask them to send an OTA  { Over the Air Configuration } so the phone receives the set up files for Calling over Wi-Fi.

There may also be further information via the link to Calling over Wi-Fi which is in my previous reply and via a forum search.

Calling over Wi-Fi would only activate if there is zero network signal.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

Hi again @Af8tmw 

I've helped another person get Calling Over Wi-Fi working today on their phone today.

They followed my advice to contact Live Chat and ask for the OTA Configuration files which then got the feature going.

Current Phone  >

Thanks I am trying this but currently no response. I hope they aren't trying to call me as I don't have much signal here!

BandOfBrothers

The configuration is sent over the air to your phone to introduce the required files.

This does not require for Vodafone to call you beforehand so that shouldn't stop this process.

It's a case of getting an agent to know what to do and initiate the OTA @Af8tmw 

Live Chat can send this.

Current Phone  >

Finally after about an hour got the right "chat" and it worked... 2 minute fix but took hours to get there. Vodafone could so improve their advice around this... thanks for your help!