Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

web address on Android Chrome

chris-2431
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Every time I go to log onto Google Chrome on my Samsung A42 5G. I get " mms.vodafone's server IP address could not be found"

Anyone had this happen to them and you sort it out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @chris-2431 

I would recommend going into your applications, scroll down to Chrome > storage > clear cache , also go into the Google Play Services, > storage > clear cache.  Follow this with a reboot.

If you still have problems, you may want to consider doing a factory reset the phone, settings, about phone, reset.  Make sure you back up any important files before proceeding.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @chris-2431 - Hmm, how odd 🤔 Is this over mobile data or WiFi? Is it only with Google Chrome? Are you having any other service issues?

It's both on 4g and wifi

AnnS

Hi @chris-2431 

I would recommend going into your applications, scroll down to Chrome > storage > clear cache , also go into the Google Play Services, > storage > clear cache.  Follow this with a reboot.

If you still have problems, you may want to consider doing a factory reset the phone, settings, about phone, reset.  Make sure you back up any important files before proceeding.

Your solution has worked. Thank you for your help.

Out of interest should the cache on the other apps have their cache deleted?

Chris

AnnS

Not necessarily @chris-2431 , it was just Chrome where you had problems but if you  have problems with applications it always worth clearing cache and  data.

I am glad I my solution helped, can you please click the solved box. 

Thanks very much