Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g on iPhone 5 handset

Mel74xxx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I recently upgraded from iPhone 5 to 6, my partner also has a Vodafone 4g contract but his mob is damaged so he is using my iPhone 5 handset now! Will his 4g still work on this? Surely the sim is 4g ready and the phone should work???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Just a quick for anyone reading this post.  4G is now available from Vodafone on the iPhone 5 :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks, 

Phil

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I'm pretty sure it is working and still being rolled out in the big cities, I can't find it at the moment but other posts have shown success.

Areas of London, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, etc, are being made live, and I imagine it is a case of finding areas with spare 1800mhz capacity on the masts and doing them first.

As it worked in spain, the ability to activate LTE must be on your handset already, which is what the latest update should allow if the option was missing.

LTE is already active in the handset, the APNs are in the LTE setting in the phone...any idea if 1800mhz at HQ?..

I am not able to get 4G on my iPhone 5.  I have gone to Cellular, and Voice & Data.  It shows 4G.  The Vodafone map shows my home is in a 4G area.  But, it's never worked.  Can you help me out?  Thank you.

Hi Phil,

I am having issue with 4G on my iphone 5. I spoke to Vodafone earlier and I was advised that iphone 5 doesn't support 4G, which is different from what you said below.

Can you please let me know how I can get 4G on my iphone 5.

Thanks.

Hi Phil can you please revisit this article

Hello @Constantina_Sam

Can you elaborate on what's happened?

How can I help today?

Louise

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
You can't get Vodafone 4G on the iPhone 5, other networks are different.

nikiandemma
7: Helper
Do you mean at Vodafone HQ? If so, there would be no way of knowing unless you physically went there. To add, they do not show the different frequency layers on the coverage checker. It's been requested numerous times. Unfortunately it's a case of keeping 4G switched on and being lucky when you find it 😃

TheRealMattB
4: Newbie
So I just have to walk around until I find somewhere with 1800mhz 4g then.... Anyone else on here able to shed a bit more light on this ?... Would like to be able to use 4g on this number

nikiandemma
Basically yes, the addition of 1800mhz 4G was not for iPhone 5 users, it's for capacity and coverage in-fills. Just so happens that the iPhone 5 can finally use it wherever available. With the imminent announcement of the predicted iPhone 7, a low cost upgrade to the 5S will solve all of your concerns and you'll have 4G on 800mhz as standard.

Note 5S does not support LTE Band 7 (2600mhz)