Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g on iPhone 5 handset

Mel74xxx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I recently upgraded from iPhone 5 to 6, my partner also has a Vodafone 4g contract but his mob is damaged so he is using my iPhone 5 handset now! Will his 4g still work on this? Surely the sim is 4g ready and the phone should work???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Just a quick for anyone reading this post.  4G is now available from Vodafone on the iPhone 5 :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks, 

Phil

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

nikiandemma
7: Helper
7: Helper
Hi, per the previous comments, 4G on the iPhone 5 is only available in limited areas. Vodafones base 4G frequencies are not supported by the iPhone 5. Only recently has Vodafone launched 4G on 1800mhz (LTE band 3) which is supported by the iPhone 5. Currently this is only available in certain areas of large cities for capacity and coverage in-fills using existing spectrum and equipment.

Having spent the day in notting hill yesterday i can confirm that no 4G 1800mhz is available to use on an iphone 5...

Shame really... would be nice to be able to use this service but looks like its not ready just yet.. looking on coverage maps i can see no 1800mhz coverage anywhere so will wait for these to be updated at work..

Afpriest2007
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Thank you for the clarification.

sb300869
4: Newbie
Currently Vodafone 4g is using the 800mhz and 2600mhz spectrum, however since June Vodafone has been rolling out 4g on the 2100mhz and 1800mhz in some areas. This is why some people are seeing 4g on the old iphone5.

TheRealMattB
4: Newbie
4g is working and available in Richmond, 40mb down and 22mb up..