Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A question from an iPhone Virgin

wynmorgan
7: Helper

I've had the iPhone 6 for about a month. Loving it. Just one thing I haven't sorted. Notifications of emails. I've been into settings and got it on badge app icon. Show on lock screen. Alert. It works for text and whatsapp. But I do not find out that I have an email unless I open up that app. Then they all appear. Help please. I would like to have the same as I do for text and whatsapp. A number appears on the app shoeing me I have new ones to open.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Who is your email provider.
Some offer pop3 or IMAP.

Go into

Settings.
Mail,Contacts,Calendars
Fetch New Data. Choose push or fetch and set the interval.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

BandOfBrothers

@wynmorgan wrote:
Ok. I may try that. So I've got everything except whatsapp working. In notifications I get the option of sounds on or off. I don't want sounds. Just vibrate.

If everything is working Ok apart from WhatsApp I can't see it being a Hardware Issue. Has to be something within the app. When I plug my iPhone 6 Plus in to charge all I get is a sound to let me know it's started charging. No vibrate.

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers
Oh dear.

Try deleting the app and re installing

Current Phone  >

And will that mean I lose all existing messages on whatsapp

63johnw
Hi you can open up the app then go to settings, chat settings then back up to save chats.

jeffkinn
I have whatsapp set to backup chats to iCloud weekly. You can choose an interval that suits you or backup manually.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

wynmorgan
Tried uninstalling whatsapp and installing. No change. So that leaves a reset. So after that I need to set up all the wi fi codes. Notifications. Pair Bluetooth? Sounds. Wallpaper. Is that right

wynmorgan
When I attach the charger it used to vibrate. Now it makes a sound. No vibrate.

jeffkinn
It's likely that you have a hardware issue. I'd take the handset to an Apple Store and get a Genius to check it over. If it's faulty they'll replace it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

wynmorgan
Did that. No change

wynmorgan
Ok. Well I deleted whatsapp and reinstalled. Interestingly if the conversation is open it vibrates. If closed it doesn't !