Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A question from an iPhone Virgin

wynmorgan
7: Helper

I've had the iPhone 6 for about a month. Loving it. Just one thing I haven't sorted. Notifications of emails. I've been into settings and got it on badge app icon. Show on lock screen. Alert. It works for text and whatsapp. But I do not find out that I have an email unless I open up that app. Then they all appear. Help please. I would like to have the same as I do for text and whatsapp. A number appears on the app shoeing me I have new ones to open.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Who is your email provider.
Some offer pop3 or IMAP.

Go into

Settings.
Mail,Contacts,Calendars
Fetch New Data. Choose push or fetch and set the interval.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

BandOfBrothers

I see.

Possibly how it now works ?

I'm not sure if there was an App update.

Current Phone  >

Not how it should work.  Ive used whatsapp for soime time and had the iphone a few weeks now.  it all suddently changed on Friday.  The mysteries of technology.  I suppose it only leaves the reset left.  A little scared of doing this but I guess i just need to get on with it!

BandOfBrothers
Best of luck.

😎

Current Phone  >

wynmorgan
Reset complete. No change :Sad_face:

BandOfBrothers
😒

Worth a shot.

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
Didn't realise it was a whatsapp only issue. Unlike most iOS apps whatsapp has its own settings for notifications.

Whatsapp - settings - notifications - in app notifications

Make sure vibrate is turned on.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

It is. The strange thing is that if the conversation is open it vibrates. But when closed it doesn't. So basically when you don't need telling because you're in conversation it tells you. When phone is in your pocket it doesn't vibrate. Driving me wild now

BandOfBrothers
Hi

I've been looking here https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone but as of yet not found a resolution.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone/20950116

However their is a contact tab a person can use to make contact with them.

Current Phone  >

Thanks. I have emailed whatsapp support As its probably not an apple issue I guess there's No point in popping in to the Genius Bar is there

Having read through all of this thread I feel I can help. However there are a few things you need to check and also in the correct order otherwise it's pretty pointless.

First step is the Apple settings app...

Settings - Notifications - Whatsapp

Make sure notifications are on. Make sure sounds are also set to on.

Now you need to head into Whatsapp and check the settings there...

Whatsapp - Settings - Notifications

Make sure there isn't text at the top that says 'WARNING: Push Notifications are disabled. To enable visit: iPhone Settings > Notification Center > WhatsApp'

There are three settings here. Message, Group and Call. Make sure all of them are set to on. Also make sure there is a sound assigned to them. The defaults are Message and group 'Note' and call is set to 'Opening'

There is also an in app notification section. This should all be fine as you have said it works when you are in the app.

Also, just out of interest, which version of Whatsapp are you using? This can be found in Whatsapp - Settings - About.