Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Appalling Customer Support

jmstapleton
4: Newbie

Is anybody else stuck in limbo on the old Crystal legacy system with Vodafone and totally fed up with not getting the support you are paying for. Unable to access my account details for months now and wasted hours and days being passed around the various teams with no one willing to take ownership and provide proper support with a resolution. Cannot manage my account including data allowance with no access so now being charged extra for usage I am in the dark on which smacks of sharp practise. Vodafone don’t care and when I complain they just say tough luck, pay a cancellation fee and sod off somewhere else if you are not happy. Disgusting treatment of long term customers who are being marginalised because new customers on the newer system are more valued. I can’t believe I am the only one treated this way.

31 REPLIES 31

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Appreciate what your saying. 

When a person isn't able to manage their account via myvodafone online or app then in the interim their is https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-billing-and-TopUps/Managing-your-Pay-monthly-plan/41371982/Ho...

That said the myvodafone tool is useful and should be available. If this was my situation I'd put this in writing and call customer complaints. 

[Removed by admin] – the call is free from all UK landlines and mobiles.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Appreciate the advice but believe me I’ve tried all the options including the 44 555 number and nothing recognises my account and gives me access to usage details. The app and online access all show zero usage across my bundles which is infuriating when Vodafone then charges me extra for exceeding my data allowance and says it’s my own fault for not managing my usage – how can I? In any other arena that would be seen as an act of fraud or deception but not in the crazy world of Vodafone.

I phoned customer complaints yesterday on that number and an agent called Peter knew less about Vodafone services than I did; claiming that it was not possible to cap UK data usage only international when I have texts back from Vodafone confirming a UK data cap. This guy starting arguing with me so I asked to speak to a supervisor but he refused to transfer me stating that they were too busy. I said I would wait but he refused and cut me off. A customer complaints’ supervisor too busy to hear a complaint – sums up Vodafone incompetence and contempt for customers in my experience.

AnnS

Hi @jmstapleton

Its strange you are still on the old system and have not been moved over to the new Siebel system.  If you had upgraded or renewed your agreement, your account should automatically have been transferred over to the new system.

Although you have already been in contact with Customer Services, it might be worth having a live chat and asking the reason why your account has been been transferred to the new system.  Hopefully, they will be able to give some answers and get your account transferred onto the new system.

I agree I should be moved across to the new system as I’ve requested for many months now but Vodafone is more focused on selling to new customers than servicing existing ones. I’ve tried all forms of communication including going into their Holloway Road store who treated me with equal contempt - at least Vodafone are consistent in their appalling customer care - I’ll give them that much.

AnnS

Dear @jmstapleton

I agree as well.

You should be on the new system and be able to access your account information.

Please wait for one of the Team here to pick this up and get back to you. By coming to the forum you will have found the best of Vodafone Customer Services.

Hopefully, things will be working for you soon.

I sincerely hope someone does pick it up and it won’t be hard to improve on what customer service I’ve received to date. I’ve had nothing but a nightmare experience so far from Vodafone customer services, technical support, the Crystal team, customer complaints and in-store – Holloway Road store. I look forward to a speedy resolution including refunding of the additional fees levied on my account beyond my control and compensation for inconvenience and time wasted in trying to fix a Vodafone problem. I refuse to pay early cancellation fees for Vodafone incompetence so am willing to see out the contractual term while sharing my experiences to warn others.

Hello @jmstapleton

I'm disappointed to hear about this experience. 

I am going to send you a Private Message with help on this. 

Louise

No help – just another on-line form to fill in with my complaint which I’ve communicated to Vodafone on umpteen occasions but nothing gets done and no one EVER calls back.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@jmstapleton

I know it's a pain - in your situation, I too would be tearing my hair, at the very least - but you do need to complete that form to enable @Retired-LouiseE and her colleagues to help you. The problem they have is that there's no link between the Forum account and your actual phone account, and they need you to go through that process (effectively clearing DPA) in order to set the ball rolling. After you've done that, the whole thing gets a whole lot more focussed.