cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to VF Account since my SS is not working and I can't get the 2-factor auth code !!!

cliff_g
9: Established

If you rely on a Suresignal, and it's not working, then when you try to log in to your on-line account (such as to change SS settings!) then you can't get the 6-figure authorisation code which the website will only send to yoru phone.

Catch 22.

Is there any way to bypass the 2-factor authorisation method?

This clearly hasn't been thought through!!!

Cliff_g

Happy migrant to Three Mobile

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

No you can't bypass the security protocols. 

Do you have a landline etc which the code can be sent to as an alternative?

Regarding your Sure Signal. 

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Please Note : If the Sure Signal displays ANY signs of internal failure / no lights then unplug it straightaway and contact Vodafone Customer Services.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, Lee.  Yes I have a landline to which the code could be sent but I didn't see that option in the login page.

I will post separately re the problems

Cliff_g

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

BandOfBrothers

Hey,

If you speak with Live Chat or customer service on 191 they'll help with that. 

Current Phone  >

OK, just come off Live Chat.

"I am told" (which does not always mean it is right, in Vodaland) that I can send the auth code to another number such as landline.  BUT I can't choose at the time of login.

So, if I'm at home and the SS is not working, I can't log in via code sent to mobile.

If I change to send code to landline, then I can onyl ever log in if I'm at home.

Catch 2222

Cliff_g

Clearly my SS has a latent-complaint-detector.  Both phones have suddenly spring into life and connected to the SS.

Let's hope it stays like that.

Actually, I have had a SS for over a year and have not to date had any problems

Cliff_g

BandOfBrothers

I was under the impression by adding an alternative number then you could choose which number the 2FA Security Code is sent to. 

Like a drop down selection option. 

Current Phone  >

Well, that would be sensible, and was indeed my imagined solution, but that's why I said "I was told".  If you can verify differently, that would be great

Cliff_g

BandOfBrothers

I've searched on the forum and it certainly is the case as I mentioned. 

Current Phone  >

I've had a search and clearly not used the right search terms.  Do you have any links? Ideally a VF person so I can inform the chat agent authoritatively

Cliff_g