Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Charged for account that was closed in Sept 2018

Lbroadley
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have received an email with payment demand for an account that was closed in Sept 2018. I have filed a complaint with vodaphone, found I can’t call as I do not have a vodaphone number I can enter when I ring, there any other action I should take as do not see that I should pay for service I do not have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When you contacted Vodafone as a Pay Monthly contract does not end but instead drops onto a 30 day rolling contract and closed the account in September either by using a Pac given to you by Vodafone or by giving Vodafone 30 days notice the final bill should have been produced in 2-4 weeks after that and paid via direct debit.

Then a Sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill is sent which officially confirms account cancellation.

Did you get these ?

Was the final bill recieved in 2-4 weeks and paid ?

Was the Direct Debit not cancelled before the final bill was produced 

In regards to contacting Vodafone the Social Media Teams here might be able to help once they've caught up with your thread.

In regards to ringing Vodafone then when the IVR system asks for your mobile number ignore the prompt and on the 4th prompt it usually changes to say press 1 for Payg or 2 for pay monthly and your then passed to an agent.

May I ask which route you filed your complaint and when.

As this involves Vodafone asking for a payment on an owed amount I would also suggest that you check your Credit File just to ensure nothing negative has been applied onto it such as a late payment marker or default that lasts 6 years.

Experian can provide this along with other Credit Houses.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

When you contacted Vodafone as a Pay Monthly contract does not end but instead drops onto a 30 day rolling contract and closed the account in September either by using a Pac given to you by Vodafone or by giving Vodafone 30 days notice the final bill should have been produced in 2-4 weeks after that and paid via direct debit.

Then a Sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill is sent which officially confirms account cancellation.

Did you get these ?

Was the final bill recieved in 2-4 weeks and paid ?

Was the Direct Debit not cancelled before the final bill was produced 

In regards to contacting Vodafone the Social Media Teams here might be able to help once they've caught up with your thread.

In regards to ringing Vodafone then when the IVR system asks for your mobile number ignore the prompt and on the 4th prompt it usually changes to say press 1 for Payg or 2 for pay monthly and your then passed to an agent.

May I ask which route you filed your complaint and when.

As this involves Vodafone asking for a payment on an owed amount I would also suggest that you check your Credit File just to ensure nothing negative has been applied onto it such as a late payment marker or default that lasts 6 years.

Experian can provide this along with other Credit Houses.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the advice. The complaints department have just rung me and it’s all sorted. I had 2 numbers and they only closed 1 of them in September - so mistake was theirs which they have now rectified.