Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting my Vodafone RED plan to my spotify premium

kingtubby
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have been on the new Red plan for a few days and no matter how many times I cannot link my Vodafone account to Spotify. I follow the link I was texted,

I select Spotify premium,

I accept T & C’s,

Select ADD,

Confirming purchase (has my existing Spotify account id which is now not premium),

I press OK,

Completing purchase.....and then

"We're sorry but couldn’t complete your subscription request"

I tried calling 191 and was hanging on for an over an hour being passed from department to department and nbody could fix it..

Any ideas before I cancel the new plan?

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @kingtubby

Before you are able to add Spotify Premium, you first need to cancel your other Spotify subscription which is linked into your number. As soon as this has been done, you will be able to add Spotify Premium as part of your tariff.  You can can find how to cancel the previous subscription on the link below.

How do I cancel my Spotify subscription?

If you continue to have problems adding the new subscription, live chat will be able to help.

Hi AnnS, thanks for the reply, I have cancelled my spotify subscription. I did this yesterday and it has a few weeks to run in premium (expires 27 May). Should I wait until it expires and then do the link?

Regards

Can I echo this post above and ask if there was any answer?

Like the OP, I took out an upgraded Red plan today. This includes 12 months of entertainment - and my choice will be Spotify premium.

I have cancelled my premium account, but the subscription doesn't expire until next week.

I contacted VF customer support; I was sent a new link; but I still can't get past the "completing purchase" stage. 

Like the OP if this can't be sorted, I'll be cancelling the contract upgrade. I only accepted the higher charges on the basis that I'd be saving money on my Spotify subscription. Now I'm in the position of having a higher VF cost, and no Spotify!

I think it's pretty poor form to offer customers something that doesn't work.

AnnS

Hi @donmacn

If you have cancelled your previous ongoing Spotify, it will carry on until the subscription expires next week.

You will then be able to add the new subscription to go with your upgraded airtime contract.

Thanks AnnS,

That's helpful. I'll try again then. Please excuse me though, but are you absolutely sure this is the issue? 

I only ask because none of the folk I have spoken to today have mentioned this, from the shop agent who sold me the upgrade, to the 'entertainment package' assistant I got through to via 191.

If it is the case, then it is dissappointing that this point of detail isn't included in the VF FAQs on this issue.

I appreciate the quick response.

D

I've just taken out a contract with vodaphone. My Spotify has been cancelled and I no longer have premium, I've been trying for days to sign up via the link I got sent and like the original post said it always comes up with an error. It's massively disappointing especially since I've gone to the trouble to cancelling  my exsisting Spotify account.

has anyone else had success recently 

I'm a new customer and I'm having the same problem, it's not filling me with joy that I'm already experiencing problems.

Hello @Alisha1234567

Please speak to our Live Chat team here.

Thanks,

Sarah