Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cooling Off Period Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently joined fibre 36 but due to low speed and constant wan disconnections phoned to say I was leaving before end of cooling off period. Agent said had fault on line and also convinced me to upgrade to fibre 76 as would help with speed and be more stable. Openreach came out next day and fixed faults but he also said my line would not go above 30mb, so I’m now on fibre 76 with a guaranteed minimum speed of 27.4 which is the same as I was guaranteed on fibre 36. Since engineer left last Friday my speed has dropped to the minimum guaranteed and the wan disconnections are back usually one an hour.

When I upgraded to fibre 76, the agent said I again had a cooling off period, my question is if anybody can answer? Is the  cooling off period to return back to fibre 36 or can I leave vodafone free of charge? The cooling off period on fibre 36 has now expired by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have just spoken to an adviser in your UK retention team and asked to cancel my broadband.  The adviser insists the cooling off period is 30 days, when I challenged this and said I thought it was 14 days for broadband he said no, it's 30 days.  The call reference is 1-A7PRQF93 if you would like to listen to the call.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous, your cooling off period will start from your upgrade, as when this was processed it would give you a new contract date. This means if you were to cancel within this period, you wouldn't receive any charges for this.

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, strange how my thread has reappeared. I started this last week and it disappeared. I’ve been given conflicting information about if I need to inform vodafone I’m leaving. I’ve already instructed another isp to take over the service. Is this the correct thing to do?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous - I'm sorry to hear you're levaing us. Please see the cancellation process and our terms and conditions for this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can’t you ever get a straight answer from Vodafone? You never answered my question reference another isp taking over the line. I have 30 day cooling off period so where does this 14 day thing come from as shown in your link ?  Keep getting told different things from different people at Vodafone.  Shocking company!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous

I'm sorry if there's been a little confusion over the cancellation period.

The period you're referring to is our 30 day network gaurantee, this only applies to mobile connections.

Our fixed line services have a 14 day cool off period as advised in the link Gemma provided.

I have just spoken to an adviser in your UK retention team and asked to cancel my broadband.  The adviser insists the cooling off period is 30 days, when I challenged this and said I thought it was 14 days for broadband he said no, it's 30 days.  The call reference is 1-A7PRQF93 if you would like to listen to the call.

machare
13: Advanced Member

Does this  help?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gmlegarf To clarify, the cooling off period for our broadband is 30 days. Our Ts&Cs reflect this and are accurate as of March 2018 🙂

We're aware our support page states 14 days, however I've asked for this to be rectified to display the updated information. 

Thanks very much Alex, really appreciate your response and confirmation that 30 days is correct.

For anyone reading this...

I spoke to Vodafone and advised them I wished to cancel within the cooling off period.  They advised me to contact my new provider and ask them to send a request to transfer the line.  This was done promptly (by Sky) and Vodafone wrote to me the same week to confirm the contract will be cancelled and that there won't be any penalty/extra charges for cancelling.

I'm very happy with Vodafone customer services; shame the broadband infrastructure can't cope with the demand - maybe I'll try again in 12 months when they've had chance to fix things :Winking_smiley: