Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer service compromised my account

Richard_72
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Everyone, BE CAREFULL! 

I used the the online chat as there has been another error on my account, (I changed tariffs and they restarted a 24 month contract)

so so I gave my 2 digits from my pin, no problem, and was told it would be sorted in 2 days.

5 days later it wasn't and I couldn't get on the website. 

I went to online chat again, they asked for the pin again, but it was wrong. So they asked for my memorable word, which was wrong. The hint they gave me was for something VERY easy to guess, not my memorable word.

customer service, I found out, have changed my pin and my memorable word, WITHOUT my permission or knowledge. Anyone could guess the word given the hint. 

This is is not just wrong, it's dangerous for my account. How can this be allowed? I have been told I am going to be sent an email to start an investigation, but how can I stay with a company that disregards my security? 

Please be carefull! 

Has as this happened to anybody else?

i will be cancelling all 3 of my accounts as soon as I can in the morning. 

11 REPLIES 11

So, further updates,

my contract is up in October, but as this is a security issue which is Vodafone's fault, they are crediting my account with the outstanding balance. 

But, as I was sorting this out, they did an immediate disconnect. I didn't get the PAC code which I requested. 

They disconnected me while I was actually talking to customer service, she was half way throu a sentence and ...... dead phone. 

I was 150 miles away from home with no way to contact anyone. So much for the 30 days she told me I'd have. The other 2 lines were fine I found out when I got home. 

Luckily i I got a Scottish customer service when I called to sort out the new problem. My line is being reconnected in the next 24hrs so that I can get my PAC code. 

Just to to be clear, Egypt customer service cause the problems that Scottish customer service have to sort out. 

I'm guessing I'm going to have to explain everything a 6th time when I request the PAC code for 'hopefully' the last time. 

Thanks for the PM @natasha, I have replied.