Ask

Solution

Evil vodafone overcharging

ihatevodafone99
4: Newbie

Evil vodafone are overcharging me for data,

on the chat and over the phone we agreed on 2.5gb, 900 min, 1000 texts

ok so i create an account today, 

i have been over charged approx over £200 ++.

because i went over my data allowance, so i started a chat log and now im being told i only get 500mb data, and thats according to my deal

when i agreed to 2.5gb,

and now they are saying its gonna tkae 3-5 days, 

i am extremely stressed, im not exactly rich so when £200 has been robbed from me , i get worried ,

what can i do?

21 REPLIES 21

spent hours but i managed to get one of the vodafone employees to cough up where i accepted the contract, and haha i was right , i was offere 2.5gb for £10.50

cant wait till vodafine see and apologies and refund my £150 something pound.

yay, thank god i checked my bill for the first time, other wise [Removed in line with Community House Rules] would of probabaly robbed me foro ver £500 hahah

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Doesn't matter whether you are upgrading or changing tariff. You always get an email. And if you don't within a a week or so chase it up.

That will ensure that the Tariff is correct and not get a surprise when the bill comes.

And why would any SENSIBLE person (capital to emphasise) pay any bill without checking unless you are filthy rich and don't care about money.

100% sure i did not get an confirmation email.

also its direct debit, i ahve never had a problem with vodafone untill recently, 

Getafix
Why do you trust Vodafone or any company for that matter? All companies are run by Humans including designing the Billing System.

With any company this days especially with profit margins falling systems are not as robustly built.

So it is always paramount to verify the bill before Direct Debit is collected.

Give this guy a break....

Hes been done out of £200 and your defending the company that did it.

Obviously hes angry and has the right to be.

Vodafone has done exactly the same to me, agreed a contract that included 1gB data then charged for everything over 250mB.

I had confirmation on a contract letter and they still made the mistake.

Yes human error may come into this but it happens far to often.

The biggest frustration is they accept the mistake, apologise, promise everything will be sorted and then....nothing happens.

Ive now spent 3 months trying to get £45 back.

Im sure the people with all the "not so helpful" comments would feel differently if it was their money that vodafone had stolen out of their bank accounts.

Getafix

@davidparkes wrote:

Give this guy a break....

An hour before this post is started, on another post that Op is asking for one of their contract to be cancelled.

And claiming that problem is sorted and suddenly realising there is another problem!

well ther ewas a problem it got solved, and there was another problem, which wasnt my fault, if i made the problem up then why are vodafone refunding me so much cash?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Three things:

1. No one here works for Vodafone - we are all customers with no connection to each other or the network.

2. Everyone understands your problem and sympathises with you.

3. No one will accept or forgive your horrible and insulting language and it is the reaction that that attitude that makes it look as though no one sympathises.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

thanks david parkes someone who finally understands,

vodafone are so disgusting, not a single employee got back to me and apologised for the flase accusations they made, or apolgised for their mistake, but instead are refunding me all the extra money they robbed, 

also david parkes these people that defend vodafone , clearly work for them lol

PAnsal
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi guys, I'm going to insult or use inappropriate language but Vodafone has scammed me £162 extra for going 8GB over my 30GB data bundle for which I pay £54/month!!! I've got an add on bundle of 10GB for £9, to charge £162 for 8GB without giving me enough notifications is totally NOT FAIR!!!! I have over 8 weeks to find out today that they will still charge me this extra money!!! £162 is a lot of money which should be going towards my family expenses rather than Vodafone!!! I feel so stressed & let down by Vodafone!!!!