Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flashing Red Power Light + Steady Orange System Light - VSS3

krt_uk
4: Newbie

My Sure Signal version 3 plugin model is not working. It shows only the red power light flashing and the orange system light on.

I could not find this type of behavior in the topics, so I decide to open this one.

I have already opened the ports, enabled UPNP, putted IP on DMZ and reset/unplug lots of times, apart wait more than 24hs each try. No success on it.

One particular thing I noticed was: when I have no internet, the box shows flashing power light + steady orange PHONE light only, as soon the internet connection is established the PHONE light goes off and the SYSTEM light comes on, always flashing the red power light.

My internet is Talktalk, the light on router related to the VSS port is on, ethernet lights under VSS are on.

My VSS model looks like this:

flashing power light + steady system light

29 REPLIES 29

@MarkB

Home user account. Router Huawei Echolife 520b

@allegoricus

I can see the VSS ips DHCP assigned (or static) in the router all time after I reset the box and reboot the router, for many times I do it.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

As allegoricus has touched on, the two light sequences described both point to the IP n some way.

Flashing red light and stable phone light only = IP address has failed to allocate from the DCHP server during set-up.

Flashing red light and stable service light only = Femto IP has failed to connect to Vodafone servers.

As the IP is showing when you check, can you try a traceroute for me rather than a standard ping?

• On a PC :
  • Click on Start  and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  • A black box will appear.
  • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177    press Enter

• On a Mac:
  • Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)
  • Type traceroute 212.183.133.177 and press Enter

• Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This may help us to get a better idea of whether the issue lies at the allocation or connection stages for you.

Dave

I also have a problem with my new Suresignal3 which I was sent as a replacement for my old Suresignal which worked OK until the recent firmware upgrade problem.  My service provider is Claranet and I have a Vigor 2710 modem/router.

I have now set up my replacement suresignal using the same router settings and firewall settings as before.  However it does not connect, with the power light flashing and the second system light is orange.

I have carried out a reset and deregistered then re-registered by Suresignal3 but still cannot get It to work.

I have carried out the other tests recommended and can include the following info:

Speed test results

PING     54 ms                    Download Speed  1.70  Mbps                     Upload Speed    0.25 Mbps

Ping test results

PING     54 ms                    Download Speed  1.70  Mbps                     Upload Speed    0.25 Mbps

Ping test results                Ping Test Net

Ping  46 ms          Jitter  1 ms          Packet Loss 0%                  Line Quality A

IP Address is: 79.123.73.58

Sure Signal serial number:            40124209046

iprt.jpg

Hi Frank McIntosh,

Thanks for posting your speed and ping test results. Do you normally see an upload speed of 0.25mbps or is it usually higher? The Sure Signal needs a stable upload connection of at least 0.30Mbps to maintain a connection with our servers.

The light sequence you’re seeing indicates that the Sure Signal IP connection has failed to reach our network and would confirm that your internet connection speed is the cause.

I’d recommend that you contact your ISP for further assistance.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew

I have tried 4 further speed chacks and have obtained upload speeds of 0.3, 0.31, 0.31 and 0.3 Mbps and still don't get a connection.

I have had my same set up using my previous suresignal for 2 years with no problem.  Could there be something at your end which needs amending?

Frank

krt_uk,

You may have the same problem that I'm experiencing.  There is a quick test from your PC that would indicate that you have the same issue.

1. Run a command prompt

2. Run nslookup

3. Type set type=AAAA

4. Type initial-ipsecrouter.vap.vodafone.co.uk

5. Do you get a time out or some form of response?

6. Type google.co.uk

7. You should get a response with an IPv6 address, does this happen?

8. Type set type=A

9. Type initial-ipsecrouter.vap.vodafone.co.uk

10. You should get a response of IPv4 addresses, does this happen?

If you do not get a response at step 5 then I believe you have the same problem because the VSS is doing an IPv6 DNS lookup and your router does not respond.

Cheers,

Mark.

@Mark_B

No none of those work.

I got Server: Unknown

DNS request time out

Oh.  Not good.

Open a command window and type ipconfig -all

Do you have any IP address (one or more) against the DNS servers entry of your network interface.

Mark.

I think the router Huawei send a automatic DNS sulfix (520b.com) to my devices that pick DNS automaticly.

In my wifi adapter i got this 520b.com sulfix related to the static IP assigned by me to my laptop (192.168.1.2)