Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HELP WITH VODAFONE BILLING

LOUISETHOMPSON
1: Seeker

I have been a customer wit Vodafone for almost 20yrs, mainly due to the area where we live it tends to work better until last month.

I have a paymonthly phone i was ready to upgrade and waited for the date that allowed an upgrade to a new phone and I upgraded online. All seemed fine I got the confirmation text and waited for the delivery date later that week.

Nothing arrived and I contacted vodaphone via phone to see where my phone was.

I have 1 phone acc with them which my phone was purchased through on a pay monthly. I also have a sim its not used i dont ven know the number its simply a backup sim for upstairs in our house as we get power cuts. I dont use it never have and pay £8 a month just for the peace of mind.

When I contact vodafone I always use my phone contract number as I dont know the other but apparently both should show up on my acc if your talking to someone.

So i asked where is the new phone I upgraded they said I hadnt upgraded but I got a confirmation text ? strange are u sure. They assure me it hadnt been done but they could do it for me.

The idiot then upgraded the sim i didnt know this at the time until I get bills for over £100 usually both ony 45-50.

So i start contacting them so fustrating trying to firstly sort out why my bills are so high, finally realised they ad upgraded a sim and not my phone after numerour hrs on the phone live chat and in store. this company deosnt want you to contact anyone other than a basic customer relations officer who wants to know the whole story.

I just want my money back for the overcharges on a sim, i have had to move my contract over and have asked numerous times for for them to contact me which of course they just dont.

where do I go next?

I want them to stand by their mistake which they have admitted and pay me back. I was a loyal customer who is at their wits end.

can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @LOUISETHOMPSON

I suspect what may have happened here is when you ordered online, the phone was out of stock.

Fortunately, Vodafone give 30 days peace of mind and you will be able to cancel penalty free.

Please remember that when you upgrade, you will be charged on a proratered basis, this will always make the bill larger than expected.

If you use live chat for account accesss, they will be able to access the account, raise any credits, clarify the order and amend as necessary.

If you find you are going round in circles with live chat, please come back to the forum for help from the Team.