Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get a pre-owned Sure Signal v.3 deregistered

robstef
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a pre-owned Sure Signal v3 off Ebay. The previous owner has not derigistered it in spite of requests to do so.  (I have been through all the ebay/paypal dispute process).

I have contacted Vodaphone CS on three occasions and got a different response each time. On the first occasion, the CS person told me that she had deregistered it while we were having the online chat. This turned out to be quite untrue ( and I may still have a transcript of our chat) as I still cannot get it to register in my name. I am getting the error codes 500 and 1013 and a vague message about there being a problem which they are trying to fix. Last night , both online and on the phone,I was told firstly that they could help me with this problem then, later that they could not help.  I was passed around  three different CS people. So which is it then?  Can it be deregistered or not? Is there really no way this SS can be deregistered from the previous owner independently of him, especially as it must be showing as not in use, and may already have been deactivated. As things stand right now it will just have to go in the bin and that's a huge waste of my money and a perfectly serviceable piece of equipment.

Of course, ultimately it is ridiculous that instead of making sure that a Vodaphone signal can be picked up in all parts of the UK, Vodaphone has some of its customers paying extra for a Sure Signal in order to get a service they have already paid for. Must be a nice little money spinner that one.

I suppose at the end of the day as a dissatisfied customer I should take my business elsewhere, although that is such a hassle. However its looking increasingly  likely that that will be my only option. Who knows,perhaps I will be lucky enough to find a provider that can actually deliver a service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The experience I've read and learnt is that the original owner has to request the De Regiter via Vodafone before you can Register as the new owner. 

This is designed to protect the Sure Signal if it's acquired via unscrupulous methods. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

The experience I've read and learnt is that the original owner has to request the De Regiter via Vodafone before you can Register as the new owner. 

This is designed to protect the Sure Signal if it's acquired via unscrupulous methods. 

Current Phone  >

Something else to take into account is

"If you don’t use a Sure Signal box for a length of time, it may be deactivated:
Not for the last three months: We may have put a bar on it. You can remove this bar by calling us free on 191 from your Vodafone mobile.
Not for the last 12 months: Your device may be fully de-registered. Contact us if you’d like to reactivate your account. Find out more in our Ts&Cs"

from https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/38911287/How-do-I-de-register-my-Sur...

Current Phone  >