Ask

Solution

Htc one m8

Ian_Anderson
3: Seeker

Avg has found tags as malware

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does the other installed tools find an issue ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

hrym
17: Community Champion

Someone brought up a similar issue a while back that involved a pre-installed installation package for a game.  In that case, the problem was a China-based advertising server and the issue seemed to be just the fact of it, rather than any known issues.

Its seems relatively unlikely (though  I'd never say never...) that HTC or Vodafone would include anything genuinely dodgy.

Ian_Anderson
Yes you just don't know how secure apps or software updates from mobile phone companies or services providers really are.

Thankfully I've never had an issue from Apple on my idevices. 

Fingers crossed. :smileywink:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

@Ian_Anderson wrote:
Yes you just don't know how secure apps or software updates from mobile phone companies or services providers really are.

Well, you can be sure of the source.   No organisation should ever say that it's 100% secure because malicious software can come from anywhere and complacency is a dangerous thing, but I would expect some pretty rigorous testing before release.   The greater danger is from unknown sources, especially games that come from outside the official app stores.

The example I qouted was fine - it wasn't malware, just an advertising server - although these can also be suspect.