Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

Same here... even I can't perform this.

Just for your info tech support... yesterday i had time of my life when i missed very important notification of conf call... as the text message came after 45 minutes... and when i tried to join, call was over!!!

And believe me no one is accepting the fact the text message and call are not getting through in real time!!!!!

I can not leave VODAFONE because i still have 2 month contract left and I have to pay to get out of this contract!

you guys are amazing.

A VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER

all members.. could you please advise is there anyway to take this matter legally.

I am sure there must be some way?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi vics & guptaj78

I think its best we take a closer look at your accounts to see if there is anything this end that could be causing this. I can see you have both sent your details over we'll be in touch.

Thanks

Sukhi

minibelle
4: Newbie
Ps. Just checked again.. Time stamp says 3G updated at 19.54pm (gmt) yet 2G, nothing since 16.59. 3 hours difference. Surely this is the issue? Something on our SIM cards/iPhones is not allowing 2G updates which controls phone calls and sms's! Hence why my texts from non iMessage users are over an hour late being delivered to
My phone & sometimes longer than a day. This isn't good enough. Why am I paying line rental for half a service??

Hi everyone

There's an open case with our engineers under reference INC943202 who are currently investigating the issue with the examples we've received.

As soon as we know more we'll update the thread.

Thanks

Simon

Same problem for me plus very poor call quality if calls do get through even with 3 bars. Blackberry 9900 no problems!

Also your call centre very bad at acknowledging this problem. Making me despair of the Vodafone/iPhone combination

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Stevemct wrote:
Also your call centre very bad at acknowledging this problem. Making me despair of the Vodafone/iPhone combination

The issue is that this isn't a general issue with iPhones, nor is it specific to Vodafone.  It only seems to affect a limited number of users across different networks. It is hard to acknowledge that there is a issue when it is quite isolated - if it was an issue affecting a load of customers, it would be easier to put out a formal statement.

PWIAC

minibelle
4: Newbie
PS. I am compiling a log which will indeed be sent to watchdog. Could everyone who has had and still having issues inbox me their contact details & I will include you in the complaint. Cheers

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@minibelle wrote:
PS. I am compiling a log which will indeed be sent to watchdog. Could everyone who has had and still having issues inbox me their contact details & I will include you in the complaint. Cheers

Your anger is directed at the wrong party - any problem that does exist is an Apple issue. This intermittent problem is happening on all networks and in other countries. For the record, I have an iPhone 5 and now 5S on my account that work perfectly.

Check these links:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4436587?start=75&tstart=0

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/incoming-calls-straight-to-voicemail/t...

http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4G-Network/missed-calls-with-full-reception/td-p/5600

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1034149

Of course, this does occasionally happen with all phones and is due to network congestion. I can be in my office in the heart of London's West End with a fuill 4G signal and calls go right to voicemail.

I suggest you take it up with Apple - it is their hardware and software that is fault.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hi minibelle,

if i am not to late would you be able to add me to your list of complaints to watchdog please,

as i am having very similar problems from sep 2013 with two iphone 5

calls not getting thru with no indication  

we have had 3 replacement iphone 5 and sim card,nothing worked

apple and vodafone blame each other 

every thing hase been tried to rectify the problems but phones are no better,

lots of money paid out for poor or no service,

we should deserve a refund.

here is my email if you want to know more

"[removed for security]"

thanks mick