Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mick2424

Sorry to see the frustration caused to yourself and everyone else.

Have you tried a new SIM?

I've asked for an update today and will post back with any findings.

Thanks

DaveCD 

minibelle
4: Newbie
Hi Saxon,

No I didn't mean not similar to yours or others on the thread , i meant similar to the links that Jeffkinn put up, regarding issues posted elsewhere / I agree that my contract is with Vodafone not Apple. The handset is subsidized by the network & my line rental of £42 per month is with Vodafone too. I'm just sick of being fobbed off :Smiling:

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
If Apple has produced a phone that has an intermittent fault that affects a few phones on all networks around the world, that cannot be Vodafone's fault. Whether they should take a commercial decision to give you some financial relief is a different question - and clearly they have decided not to. I still believe you should take it up with Apple, who purport to make the world's leading smartphone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Fully agree minibelle ,

and my other comments regarding "who to blame/moan to" were directed at the previous post mentioning it should be apple we need to speak to .....

...It should be Apple that Vodaphone need to speak to if Vodafone's customers have serious issue with a product supplied by apple to Vodafone for use by their customers .... they assured us many months ago on this thread they were indeed talking to apple ....   thats a pretty long chat guys , isnt it ?

I expect the key to the lax approach by both apple and vodafpone is , that many customers are not getting (or more likely, not NOTICING) the problem ... and those that are can scream on the forums for a year or two until they get an upgrade and then it will all fizzle out .... i.e screw us over because it's simply not worth their time or attention at the moment .

I read the entire thread though minibelle , and yours has been a very sensible and constant , if understandably frustrated, voice on here and I admire your spirit .

You can count me in on taking this further too . I will IM you .

To the vodafone techs ..... please dont take it personally ... but "VODAFONE" has so far been extremely poor here .. you guys are the "face of vodafone" on these forums , so I would hope you ought to be prepared to take some flack , especially given the longevity of the complaint and the extrmely laxadasical response from Vodafone so far.

I know you are only trying to do your job ... but quite frankly at the moment , you're not doing very well .

Hi Saxon_Cronin,

As Kay mentioned yesterday this is under investigation.

We're as keen as you are to get this rectified and as soon as we've got any news we'll get back to you.

Cheers

Ian

minibelle
4: Newbie
Hi Kev,

A sim swap worked for me, although it hasn't for many others & occasionally I do get a missed call alert when the phone is sat right next to me with full signal!

Only other option esp as you run a business regarding calls, is install free app called HulloMail - another poster suggested it for me & it takes over your voicemail - it will alert you the second someone has tried to call you but failed.

To get handset replaced (not always possible) is to test sim if you can in another iPhone (very difficult tbh & not practical but Vodafone will ask you to) and see if you have same issues. I contacted Vodafone directly in the end & laid it out plus everything I'd done & discovered previously so they were aware I wasnt ignorant of testing my phone.

Please try the sim swap first, in the meantime use HulloMail as your business is obvs priority - I expect Tech team will post too asking for your details to add to the ever growing list of people with same issues - good luck - Gayle x

Hi Minibelle

Thanks for your support, I did think of swapping my sim with my business partners iphone 5 but guess what, his phone is doing the same!!

I have called customer services and did all the usuall stuff and they wanted me to return my handset for repair!

Not sure but I think all this started after the update to 7.0.4 (11B554a)

I really can't face another protracted fight with Vodafone, been there and came off worst, unfortunately I live in the sticks and Vodafone are the ''best'' so to speak.

Will give the Hullo app a shot.

Thanks again We shall see what happens.

Regards

Kev

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Kev,

As well as the suggestions above, can you confirm what version of IOS you’re running and also check to see if the 7.05 update is available through iTunes?

James

Hi James

My current version is 7.0.4 (11B554a)

Havent tried i tunes yet however I did check out Hullo Mail and it wont be much good to me as we only get a sketchy gprs signal here, I do have sure signal at home for 3G so it would only really work well there, not much good when you work away.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards 

Kev

jobe77
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Could someone at Vodafone help me please? 

For the last few months I have had issues with the phone not updating itself on the network. Today I have been told that all calls to my phone are being sent straight to voicemail. I checked this myself from my landline and found that this was true. Text messages are arriving delayed sometimes hours after they were sent.

An earlier post said to try *#105#. This shows VF Regent connected 5/11/14 09:05 and SGSNSN4 on 7/11/14 16:13.

What is going on here? 

Is the phone not logging onto the network properly? 

I have had nothing but problems with data connection for the last 8 months, where the phone would only connect on EDGE even though a 3G signal was available (i had an ipad next to it which was on Voda 3g ok).

I am in the RH11 9 area.

Thanks.