Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G4 battery charging issues

viggen
4: Newbie

Hi,

Had my LG G4 about 7 months now and really pleased with it. However it is now taking an age to charge. I always use the AC charger that came with the phone and it used to take about 2 to 3 hours for a full charge which I found acceptable.
Recently it's starting to take up to 8 hours to charge and I was wondering if this is a battery problem or software issue. The software was upgraded to Marshmallow a few weeks back but only just noticed the battery issue.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If the issue continues after a Factory Reset (make a back up beforehand to retain the data saved in the phones memory) then I'd suggest approaching Lg U.K Support.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
Hi, did you carry out a factory reset after the update? That often sorts out problems like this after an update.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

If the issue continues after a Factory Reset (make a back up beforehand to retain the data saved in the phones memory) then I'd suggest approaching Lg U.K Support.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm pretty sure I did a factory reset as I followed all the instructions after the update. I will do another today and see if it improves.

hrym

A factory reset isn't usually included in the standard instructions as it isn't always necessary.   You'd know if you'd done one as you'd have to set the phone up again as you did when it was new.   Make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd and that you have copies of other content.   If you want to keep SMS and call logs, there are 3rd party apps that can back those up.  If you have an external sd card, remove it as the reset process sometimes formats them.   It can also be handy to make a note of your homescreen layouts if you want to recreate them as they were - I take periodic screenshots and store them on Google Drive. :smileywink:

FWIW, it's always worth making sure your device is as clean and has as many of its resources free as possible before an OS update.   Clear recent apps and app caches (if there's a bulk option in Settings|Storage).   Then restart the phone to have a few running process as possible.   It's always worked for me - so far...

Thanks guys the factory reset seems to have done the trick as charging time down to approx 3hours.
Backed up to my pc although stuff is also on Google cloudland like the rest of my world!!

Really is a cracking phone too :smileyhappy: