Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data button disappeared

aknox158
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Everyone!

Simnce switching my S6 on this morning i have found that the mobile network "quick start" button which is ususually found when swiping down the phone along with the "wifi" "Location" and "sound/mute" buttoms etc are is no longer showing up. I have looked on the edit part of the quick settings to see if it was in there and it isn't. I can now longer access my mobile internet. Any help on this would be great,

AKnox158

47 REPLIES 47

factory reset has not worked and samsung ignoring my questions now.

mine has now disappeared and factory reset has not restored it - so wasted time doing that then having to reinstall everything not to mention lost music / photos

spoke to local samsung store / cphone warehouse and they were very helpful (NOT) advising just wait until a new update is released to fix it, well no my 9year old often plays games on my phone and i was able to pull down and switch data off while he uses it knowing he cant download or buy add ons and now i am unable to do this as easy, now need to access full settings menu to do this

There seem to be very mixed results with this.  Some people are reporting that a hard reset solved the issue and their phone is back to normal.  Others, like yourself, state that it doesn't help.

When you wiped the phone, did you clear the device cache at the same time?

PWIAC

yeah the guy at samsung centre did normal factory reset first then the one with power button and volume btn that gives u optiojn to clear caches then format

still no joy, to be honest they admitted there was some issues and openly said he was uncertain as to a time frame for any update to fix the issue and said it would more likely be weeks rather than days to see a fix

Samsung really don't seem to be doing too well with firmware updates at the moment.  They had a load of issues on the S5 and now the S6.

If anyone finds a solution to this issue before an update is released - please post it here!!

PWIAC

rogerstonewales
3: Seeker
Thanks for yr help. I'm not going to wipe my device as I can't be bothered to set everything up again. Android should sort this out in their next update!

@rogerstonewales wrote:
Thanks for yr help. I'm not going to wipe my device as I can't be bothered to set everything up again. Android should sort this out in their next update!

But who knows when that will be out - do you mind not being able to use your device fully until that happens?

PWIAC

debsg
1: Seeker
I tried clearing the cache. ... no change. Did a factory restore. ... all good. I have my mobile data button back 🙂

clairebefc
Yes i did both resets, the normal one and the power/volume cache one. Its the attitude of samsung now more than anything ignoring me completely and fobbing others off with the reset advice. They don't seem bothered that it is a fault their end and expect to inconvenience customers with no explanation or time frame given.