Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlocking Code (NUC)

strippy74
4: Newbie

Hi

I have recently been given an iPhone 4s which is locked to the Vodafone network and the owener has now moved to the other side of the world so contact is limited.

How can i get teh phone unlocked to use on other networks?

Can i purchase a pay as you go SIM, top it up with £20 and then complete your NUC forms? is this acceptable?

thanks

Strippy74 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. You'd need the credit on a Vodafone SIM to be able to pay for the code (as mentioned on the request form). 

You'd then need to wait for Apple to send the code (this is done via iTunes when you connect the phone to a computer)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Hi

thanks for that, I will keep trying, but i wont hold my breath, purpled doesn't suit me lol.

I appreciate that time you have given me on this.

many thanks

Strippy74. 

Spoiler

Hi @ Amanda Tech Team

The original owner has been in touch and he believes that he will be charged £19.99 to complete and submit the NUC form.

Surely that is charged if its a PAYG phone or a monthly contract under 12 months old? could you confirm please?

thanks

Strippy74

(at least I spelt your name right today!)

Hi Amanda

sorry for mis-typing your name... oops.

bobsomer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

been waiting for a unlock code been given the runaround by vodafone .cant get a unlock code in the time scale as promised. reported them to off com i urge others to do the same. type in offcom and follow instructions.staff in there shops dont understand i cant unlock it if i put my new providers sim in without the unlock code.allso go onto thr which magazine site and sign the petition for the banning of being locked into a provider.

jeffkinn

There is no unlock code for any Apple device. 

Once you've requested the unlock from Vodafone they pass the request to Apple and you have to complete the unlock by syncing to iTunes with the new sim in the phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi

I have now bought a PAYG SIM, the phone works! however it is still locked ot Vodafone.

The original owner is going to get in touch (I am hoping anyway) with Vodafone to request the NUC.

I willawait for him to confirm he has done this then I will try to sync with iTunes. I understand there will be no formal confirmation, so it's a case of keep trying everyday on iTunes to see if the phone has been unlocked.

If not, as the phone is not under contract, can i not register the phone/SIM with Vodafone and then complete the NUC form myself?

jeffkinn

Vodafone will only ever unlock a phone for the original owner I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi @jeffkinn

thanks, lol that has ruined my plan!

back to the original owner adn tell him it has to be him that has to request the unlock code, would htere be a cherge to him or I then?

cheers

jeffkinn

£19.99 for a PAYG phone

£19.99 for a contract under one year.

Free for a contract over one year.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Perfect

I know it was a contract phone and he has had it over a year, so at least that is one hurdle out of the way, no cost to either one of us.

thanks once again.