Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non-requested upgrade call

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Just had a phone call from Vodafone +44 808 000 0122

The chap was trying to sell me an upgrade to the remainder of my contract.  I suspect he was actually vf, as he had access to my account & billing details.

I'm on a rather basic 500mb/500min/unlimited text deal for about another year (iirc).

He offered me an upgrade to 4gb/unlimited mins/unlimited texts deal for an extra £15/month, but then said that is 4x the amount of data.  I'm pretty sure that even anyone with basic maths knows that  is actually 8x

When I turned down that offer it was 1gb/unlimited/unlimited for an extra £9.  Where as I can add 2gb for £10/month.  Seems like a pretty poor offer, the guy made no others offers and then hung up.

I only answered the phone as I was waiting for a call back from tech2 fibre support, thinking it might be them.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @mbames

It is a known Vodafone number as per Is-it-Vodafone-calling.

I believe you can have your Accoun preferences set to stop marketing calls and some phone's can block numbers. 

I find waiting until the end of a contract and ringing the Retentions Department the best way of negotiating a deal. 

Never from a cold call.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I took out a 30-day SIM only number a couple of years ago and it almost immediately received an upgrade call.  I asked them not to call again and I haven't heard anything since.