Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with Sure Signal 3

cwadey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Up until last night my sure signal working perfectly with all nine numbers attached to it with no issues, then all of a sudden all of the phones lose connection, the main phone that the signal is registered too still works.

All of the lights are good on the signal and it is putting out a 3g signal as the one phone is still working with it.  I have de registered all of the handsets and then re registered them, reset the sure signal to factory settings and still only the one number is working with still.

So I ring vodafone who then tell me I have to wait an hour in cue or be phoned back, so get the call back and passed around a bit, they couldn't help and give me 0870 1666777 to ring and the number which if you google it does say that it's vodafone, but when I ring it says number not recognised.

I would really appreciate some help as I have teenage daughters moaning about not having phone signal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cwadey

We've refreshed your SS, this can take up to 6 hours to take effect.

After 6 hours perform a reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

Thanks,

Rodney 

View solution in original position

66 REPLIES 66

@Lyner1 @NigeR

Please try a different Ethernet cable and ensure that all the following ports are open to see if this resolves the issue:

Ports to be opened for forwarding

• 8 (TCP & UDP)
  • 50 (TCP & UDP)
  • 53  (TCP & UDP)
  • 67 (UDP)
  • 68 (UDP) 
  • 123 (UDP)
  • 500 (UDP)
  • 1723 (TCP & UDP)
  • 4500 (UDP)
  • 33434 - 33445 (UDP)

IP addresses to be allowed on the router & firewall

• 183.133.177-179
  • 183.133.181-182
  • 183.131.128-191

Hi @Jamian

I have opened the ports but no change on reboot. I don't really understand why this wowuld help as it has worked perfectly for 6-9 months? Can you reset it at your end?

N

Hi 

Me again, again update to re-initialsing my Sure Signal as I have had no mobile signal in the house for over a week now? I have openned the ports, not sure what else I can do?

Thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NigeR

We are aware of an issue preventing some customers using a BT Home Hub from connecting to the Network via their Sure Signal. We are working with BT to resolve this issue.

Please confirm if you are trying to use your Sure Signal via a BT Home Hub and we'll be able to advise on the next course of action.

Hi Mark

yes its a BT Home Hub 5. It has worked for around 6 months without issue and only failed after I lost the Broadband connection and had to reboot the router. The SS has not been able to connect since

Thanks

Nigel.

seangrc1
4: Newbie
Hi my sure signal is v2 connected to but hub 3 stop working yesterday and has not work since,I've tried all resets and opened all ports could you please help.

I am using a sure signal V3 with a BT Hub 5 on Infinity, like everyone else i have solid red light with no internet and two solid orange indications.

Now been like that for 4 days without any luck in resets.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4591904795

Speedy resolution would be good as our mobiles are now less than useless.

Thanks

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @NigeR

Please switch your router off for 10 minutes and the reload it back up. 

Let me know if this resolves it for you. 

Hi @seangrc1 and @jim9575

Could you both also please try the above? If this doesn't fix things please -

• Take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.

• Your ping test results from here.

• Your external IP address from here.

• The results of a traceroute.

• Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks, 

Amanda 

It started working when I got up yesterday morning, gave up resetting etc, as this is always my first thing i do!  It was obviously a fault at the BT or Vodafone end.  I think Vodafone should look at getting stronger signals in the area where most people that use this system live.  you do make a substantial profit from the mobile network after all!

Cheers

Jim

Its up and running. I didnt get chance to reset as requested but on returning home yesterday its all working.

Nigel.