Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of usage IMEI Sim onlycontract

Danielsun1980
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have a SIM only contract with you, I was using my Sim in a LG G2 phone that I bought unlocked for all networks. I lost my phone but I do not have proof of purchase with the IMEI number on it. I have the Amazon order details with the make and model and credit card statement but the insurance company say this is not enough and will not replace the phone, they are telling me to contact my network provider and ask you to supply confirmation of the first and last usage of my handset's IMEI number on your network and send the confirmation to them. Is this something you are able to do for me, can you see the IMEI number of the phone I was using my SIM on before I called and ask you to block it? I purchased the phone separately, I'm not asking for proof of purchase, when I called your customer service number they kept putting me through to that department, I just need to prove I was using my LG G2 handset on your network with the IMEI number.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you talk to Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page), they should be able to help.  It's also possible that your insurer will accept a printout of your Google dashboard (log in to your account, look at Account Details, then scroll down to Account Tools - ignore the Devices option further up).  If you expand the Android section, it'll show you the IMEI, registration and last use dates, among other things.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

hrym

If you talk to Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page), they should be able to help.  It's also possible that your insurer will accept a printout of your Google dashboard (log in to your account, look at Account Details, then scroll down to Account Tools - ignore the Devices option further up).  If you expand the Android section, it'll show you the IMEI, registration and last use dates, among other things.