cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@luke90x wrote:

Hi, 

Any signs of the update for VodafoneUK?

Did somebody recive the notification?

Regards,

Lukas

I've seen on another android forum I visit that a Vodafone UK customer has received the update on their s7 edge. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This is a quick review from TechZilla on YouTube. 

Current Phone  >

luke90x
4: Newbie
63johnw and everyone thanks for the reply. Looks like it will be soon then.

63johnw
A word of advice @luke90x I would wait a few days after release to see if anyone finds any serious bugs before updating, I have been stung in the past with a Samsung update that caused serious issues and took a while for a fix.

BandOfBrothers

I've been watching some threads from people who signed up to the Beta programme and it looks to be OK. 

However good advice @63johnw

I also waiting too and watch as their is invariably bugs still to iron out. 

Always do a full back up before hand too. 

Current Phone  >

I ran the beta for last couple of months and it was stable for daily use, barley noticed any bugs, well none that caused a serious issue.

I flashed my phone with latest BTU firmware on 17th when it was released and so far its buttery smooth, I may well flash it with VOD firmware once availble to take advantage of WiFi calling as this time BTU does not have the option like it did with MM :Sad_face:

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

Edit:

Following my previous post I've now got WiFi calling on my S7 Edge with BTU Nougat Firmware, thanks to someone over on XDA Developers forum the process I did was follows:

Deactivate WiFi calling from Vodafone app.

Wait 15 mins and text 'CALLING' to 97888

Wait for confirmation text from Vodafone to say it's been enabled.

Reboot phone.

Check 'WiFi Calling' option within phone settings.

Bobs your Uncle!! :Laughing_Face:

Screenshot_20170119-200719.pngScreenshot_20170119-202330.png

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

SGE7 has had wifi calling for ages on Marshmellow

im on the vodafone contract would it be ok to flash the btu firmware to my phone or do i have to wait for the vodafone version ,

i just find my current software glitchy as hell and programs crash all the time .

thanks in advance 

I flashed the BTU firmware on mine and it's working. I didn't flash the CSC file. It upgraded without wiping my apps or data.

I tried the same to my son's phone too. He's on O2 and I had to flash it a few times and wipe the cache before it would boot past the Samsung logo. This left it reset with no apps or data kept.

My advice would be to make a backup, deactivate any banking software you may have on it and they try. You can always reboot into download mode and flash the vodaphone 6.0.1 again if necessary.