cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@rick639 wrote:

im on the vodafone contract would it be ok to flash the btu firmware to my phone or do i have to wait for the vodafone version ,

i just find my current software glitchy as hell and programs crash all the time .

thanks in advance 

As far as I'm currently aware as long as a person still uses their own countries Rom it shouldn't trip Knox. That said I've seen the odd post elsewhere , where Knox has tripped voiding the manufacturing warranty. 

Also if changing from Vodafones Rom to another this can cause the loss of Calling Over Wifi. 

The thing that personally concerns me is people reporting issues with their phone after flashing Roms. 

My unlocked unbranded s7 edge is very stable on MM so I'm not prepared to pursue Nougat and have the chance of upsetting my current situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have the galaxy s7 from carphonewarehouse so i couldn't access wifi calling, so i downloaded the official vodafone  UK nougat firmware from sammobile but it had downloaded the vodafone germany firmware instead. So in the end i flashed the btu firmware to it instead i also tried flashing MM instead of nougat afterwards but it installed VOD Germany insead. So i just flashed the BTU firmware instead which was extremely annoying as i really wanted access to wifi calling.

Does anyone know where to get the vodafone uk nougat firmware for the galaxy s7?

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ajanni

As your phone wasn't purchased directly from Vodafone, we're unable to guarantee that Wi-Fi calling will work.

To get the Vodafone UK Nougat firmware on your phone, please head into your local Vodafone store. They'll be happy to look into this for you,

Stevie1
14: Advanced member

You will get it from Sammobile you will also need a programme called Odin as you will need to flash the firmware yourself. 

:robotmad:

Just flashed Vodafone's latest nougat firmware onto my galaxy s7, security patch date, June. VOLTE now works properly  with this update although there are no settings to toggle volte, and theres no longer the wifi calling sign in place of the volte symbol (BTU firmware), now theres no symbol at all to say whether your making a volte call, it just works so far.  This is the first vodafone uk firmware available for the galaxy s7 from sammobile as all the others were actually Vodafone Germany.

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7/SM-G930F/VOD/

Vodafone's updated their website with info on 4g calling:
So far the galaxy s7/edge and xz are supported although it doesn't state the phone needs to be purchased directly from vodafone. But so far for the galaxy s7/edge 4g calling only works with the latest vodafone firmware which was released over a week ago. 

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Vodafone-4G/1020759202/How-do-I-activate-4G-calling....

Stevie1

Hi Ajanni,

Thanks for the info but as my S7 edge is unbranded simfree version l don't want Vodafone's software my phone's working grate at the moment so no need to change it.

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established
I have to agree with @jeffkinn here, from my experience with Samsung phones and having owned most of the galaxy range since S2 I've found that the unbranded / unlocked version to receive the update last.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

Stevie1
I have a unbranded s7 3dge and like most people in the UK I have not received the new update either the problem is with samsung themselves not releasing it to all mobiles at once thay have released it to a certain few phones only the first being those on the beta testing then a few others it's got some thing to with your build number so check that under your phones settings then head over to SamMobile and it will tell you if there is an up date for your phone. Or if you have the pc version of smart swith connect your phone to your pc start smart switch wait about ten minutes if a blue Square pops up with the word update you can click on it and it will update your phone for you to android 7.0

63johnw
Nothing on mine.

Stevie1
Hi,
The information I give was correct I have a friend that works for Samsung Mobile and that's the what he told me if you follow Samsung and have had mobiles from them before you should not that they release updates to there own unlocked/ unbranded phones first before giving it to the network providers YES there is an update out for the s7 edge on the SamMobile website but you will have to flash it on to your mobile using Odin that's the only way your going to get it before they send it via ota to the rest of us they have a time line of between 2 to 3 months of the first release date before they release it to everyone. They stopped releasing it in China because it had to many bugs the very next day samsung released the same exact version in the UK for testing porpoises only and that's the reason behind everyone not getting the up date at once the information is out there all you need to is a bit of research and you will find it.