Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Z3 compact long message charges

CILLAAKLALA
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sony Z3 Compact, I'm a new Vodafone custome to. for the frist time I am being change for long text message, because I'm told a SMS turn into A MMS.

Could some please tell me of setting change I could make to aviod these changes as I have pay for unlimited text message.

I am very disspoint and the lask of support form Vodafone both in the store and 191.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello. 

Welcome to the eForum 

This link helps explains why a normal text can be converted to a MMS Why-have-I-been-charged-for-a-text-message.

Most phones have a message text character count. 

Staying within the 160 Character Count and adhered to the help information in the link you should be Ok. 

Some phones also hold the option in settings to turn off MMS sending.

I have come across this help tip from another site. sony-xperia-z3/prevent-sms-turning-into-or-converting-to-mms-message-when-too-large-83/

Source : Phonetipsandtricks

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Hello. 

Welcome to the eForum 

This link helps explains why a normal text can be converted to a MMS Why-have-I-been-charged-for-a-text-message.

Most phones have a message text character count. 

Staying within the 160 Character Count and adhered to the help information in the link you should be Ok. 

Some phones also hold the option in settings to turn off MMS sending.

I have come across this help tip from another site. sony-xperia-z3/prevent-sms-turning-into-or-converting-to-mms-message-when-too-large-83/

Source : Phonetipsandtricks

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi, how big are the messages you are sending? I have a Z3 and have never had a text message converted to mms.

Also what messaging app are you using?