Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony lollipop

podycust
4: Newbie

Now sony have released lollipop how long before you approve it vodafone?

Happy to help!

59 REPLIES 59

GerardWay
3: Seeker

Any updates about Lollipop? It's been almost two weeks..

63johnw
17: Community Champion

@GerardWay wrote:

Any updates about Lollipop? It's been almost two weeks..

Hi, Vodafone will not give dates for firmware releases, no matter how many times people ask, if they miss the date they get slated so they wont do it.

They could say at the least if they are testing the firmware!

Happy to help!

63johnw
But they won't.😖

BatCaroli
Vodafone, I do understand why you cant give release dates but would be useful to know if you at least have the software for testing? Am not sure though if anyone in UK has had update for Sony phones yet, even unlocked phones, does anyone know? Although like everyone else I am looking forward to update I dont want it full of bugs so happy for Vodafone to do a thorough testing as my Z3 at present is working perfect on Kitkat! Im looking forward to transferring some apps to SD card!

skeddy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Well, obviously Vodafone in other countries have recevied the last few new updates....

ES, HU and GR currently have a custom build that's been released (a bug fix I assume)

2015-04-13_09-03-12.jpg

As you can see, DE and UK are still running 2 builds behind the release from Sony

2015-04-13_09-06-10.jpg

So Vodafone are working on the roll out..... just the UK and DE are very slow.

If you ever want to see that latest relased & certified builds from Sony, for the D6603, you can view them here: https://ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=26395

Please note that although they are certified, that doesn't mean they are available for the public to download/install.

You can use a tool on this forum to check the latest availalbe release that's installable http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/pc-xperifirm-xperia-firmware-downloader-t283414...

(This post comes with no warranty. If you follow any guides on how to manually install the firmware, you are on your own)

mirrorman96
I found this on sonys forum, I don't how true it is.

Honestly you're all better off asking your mobile operator as opposed to Sony. They're in control now. On a more positive note I checked the O2 forums today and Lollipop should be arriving for O2 UK users on the 15th or rather this Wednesday. Other mobile operators in the UK should be receiving the update around the same time as I've read that other operators like Vodafone have also approved Sony's update.

So that's one question answered for UK users: Wednesday of this week.

Yeah Sony have tweeted that it is going to be release this Wednesday/Thursday 14/15th april 2015! I'd hold tight for a bit as a few users on youtube are reporting some bugs. Worth a watch before updating your phone as you will loose some features i believe.

63johnw
Looks like its out for Z3, 600m update available but won't download at the minute

63johnw
Downloaded and installing, says will take 36.minutes!