Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony lollipop

podycust
4: Newbie

Now sony have released lollipop how long before you approve it vodafone?

Happy to help!

59 REPLIES 59

That's interesting, I use an SW3 with mine and no matter what security option I use (PIN included), if the watch is a trusted device, I simply swipe and the phone is unlocked.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
To be honest I have only ever used the pin option and hadn't really thought about the other ones, but it makes sense that it works with all security options.

BatCaroli
3: Seeker
Have now downloaded Lollipop and had a play! Not bad, still finding my way around it. Will give a 7 rating to start with until have explored properly. Took me 10 mins to find 'silent mode' by pressing volime keys but at least its there! Was great to transfer some app data to SD, clawed back storage space lost after 1gb+ upgrade. Couple of negatives:
1. No Close All Button' in Overview
2. Contact Photo has very poor image on opening Contact to dial.
3. Diagnostics button did not work so uninstalled and reinstalled only to find original app still on main screen as well as new one. Cant get rid off app that does not work, any ideas? Weird!
4. Probably just me but dont understand instructions to unpin a screen. Says touch and hold back and overview at same time but cant suss it out, can anyone help?

Regarding point 4: Yes it's litterally that, press back and overview simultaneously for a seocnd or two.

If you don't use PIN lock then the phone will simply unlock at that point. If you do use a PIN then it'll return you to the security screen. It's crazy that Pattern unlock (which has a PIN as fall back) is simply bypassed and the phone unlocked.

63johnw
Sorry if I am being dim but where/what is overview?

Right hand button, app switcher.

63johnw
Thanks. Had been trying that but couldn't get it to work, found that even a slight difference in the time between pressing the two buttons and it wouldn't work, it has to be at exactly the same time for mine to unpin.

Hi,yesterday i've updated my Z3 Compact to 5.02 and now no mobile operator name in the notification bar, just No Service. Any suggestions?

BatCaroli
Thanks, have managed to unpin, was name of buttons that got me confused!

I've just updated my Xperia Z1 to this, not impressed. It currently hangs opening text message, took receiving a text message for it to open, SkySports app no longer works. it takes longer to open apps compared to KitKat.....

Social media apps took several reboots to open;  FB and Google +