Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony lollipop

podycust
4: Newbie

Now sony have released lollipop how long before you approve it vodafone?

Happy to help!

59 REPLIES 59

@63johnw,

That's interesting because Xperifirm shows only Customised UK being Lollipop at the moment!

UK Vodafone details:

Device: Xperia Z3 (D6603)
CDA: 1289-4165
Market: United Kingdom
Operator: Vodafone UK
Network: GLOBAL-LTE
Release: 23.0.1.A.5.79 / R8B
Size: 1.28 GB

Customised UK:

CDA: 1288-5028
Operator: Customized UK
Release: 23.1.A.0.726 / R5C
Size: 1.46 GB

Be interesting to see what you'll end up with once it's downloaded/installed.

I've just had the notification on my phone that 23.1.A.0.726 is available to download.

Takes a few attempts to get it going but..... it's going.

NathanJT
4: Newbie

Virgin and O2 just moved to 23.1.A.0.726 / R5C as well, still nothing for Voda UK.

I'm guessing at this point that Xperifirm is lagging.

And there it is!

Slightly older build than the other operators it seems:

CDA: 1289-4165
Operator: Vodafone UK
Release: 23.1.A.0.726 / R4C
Size: 1.46 GB

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Screenshot_2015-04-15-11-12-46.png

Nice!

Ironically it seems it takes longer for Android to update all your installed apps than it does to actually install the new OS version!

That's in part due to change from dalvik to art virtual machines for running apps

Happy to help!

63johnw
All good so far, doesn't seem to be any issues, been using the phone quite a bit, battery still good, no overheating, ruining fast and smooth, got the silent mode thing but there is a set up you can use that seems to work.

All in all happy with the update.

I actually think the silent mode change is much better.

One of my biggest bugbears previously with silent was that you'd set it, to go into a meeting for example, and then forget it's still on. Meaning you then miss everything after that point. Now you can just set it for a set period. Ok, so I also use an SW3 now so unlikely to actually miss anything, but it's still nice to have for when I'm not wearing the watch.

I've been using the flashed Nordic Combined version since day one and had absolutely no issues with it, in fact it's all positives. Google seem to have really thrown in some great useability options this time around. Screen pinning for example (which by the way only works if you use a PIN and not a pattern for your unlock) is a brilliant addition.

Battery life is actually better than it already was!

Anyway, back to playing everyone!!!

63johnw
I wasn't sure of what screen pinning could be used for ?? How do you use it? For what?