main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Sony lollipop

4: Newbie

@63johnw,

That's interesting because Xperifirm shows only Customised UK being Lollipop at the moment!

UK Vodafone details:

Device: Xperia Z3 (D6603)
CDA: 1289-4165
Market: United Kingdom
Operator: Vodafone UK
Network: GLOBAL-LTE
Release: 23.0.1.A.5.79 / R8B
Size: 1.28 GB

Customised UK:

CDA: 1288-5028
Operator: Customized UK
Release: 23.1.A.0.726 / R5C
Size: 1.46 GB

Be interesting to see what you'll end up with once it's downloaded/installed.

View more options
2: Seeker

I've just had the notification on my phone that 23.1.A.0.726 is available to download.

Takes a few attempts to get it going but..... it's going.

View more options

Virgin and O2 just moved to 23.1.A.0.726 / R5C as well, still nothing for Voda UK.

I'm guessing at this point that Xperifirm is lagging.

View more options

And there it is!

Slightly older build than the other operators it seems:

CDA: 1289-4165
Operator: Vodafone UK
Release: 23.1.A.0.726 / R4C
Size: 1.46 GB

View more options
17: Community Champion

Screenshot_2015-04-15-11-12-46.png

View more options

Nice!

Ironically it seems it takes longer for Android to update all your installed apps than it does to actually install the new OS version!

View more options

That's in part due to change from dalvik to art virtual machines for running apps

Happy to help!

View more options
All good so far, doesn't seem to be any issues, been using the phone quite a bit, battery still good, no overheating, ruining fast and smooth, got the silent mode thing but there is a set up you can use that seems to work.

All in all happy with the update.
View more options

I actually think the silent mode change is much better.

One of my biggest bugbears previously with silent was that you'd set it, to go into a meeting for example, and then forget it's still on. Meaning you then miss everything after that point. Now you can just set it for a set period. Ok, so I also use an SW3 now so unlikely to actually miss anything, but it's still nice to have for when I'm not wearing the watch.

I've been using the flashed Nordic Combined version since day one and had absolutely no issues with it, in fact it's all positives. Google seem to have really thrown in some great useability options this time around. Screen pinning for example (which by the way only works if you use a PIN and not a pattern for your unlock) is a brilliant addition.

Battery life is actually better than it already was!

Anyway, back to playing everyone!!!

View more options
I wasn't sure of what screen pinning could be used for ?? How do you use it? For what?
View more options

Screen pinning locks you to one app, great for that friend that when you give them your phone to show them picture but go and do other stuff for example.  Once turned on in security settings from the recent apps just tap the pin next to the app card you want to pin.

Happy to help!

View more options

Yup, and then (assuming you're using a PIN to lock the device) as soon as they hit home it'll revert to the pin lock screen.

Really useful.

View more options
3: Seeker
Hi all, going to update mine when home where wifi more reliable. Before I do can you let me know if all settings, apps, contacts and texts appear after update?!
View more options
Hi, mine have.
View more options

BatCaroli - Yes, they remain

View more options

Very impressed with the update so far.

Battery usage has been greatly tweaked. Without changing anything on the installed apps, I've only notcied a 5% drop in battery in the last 3 hours.

Compared to yesterday, that's a massive, massive improvement.

I plan to do a full charge this evening and see how it lasts tomorrow. Generally from 9am at 100% I'm down to 30% by 5pm.

Screenshot_2015-04-15-16-24-59.png

The material design has changed a fair bit of the UI and how you work certain things (like open apps) but it's lovely and crisp. Very resposive too.

I'd give it 8/10 right now :-)

View more options

I'm loving location and trusted device unlock!

So for example, on my Z3 Compact Tablet when I also have my bluetooth keyboard with me, switching it on automatically unlocks the tablet. 

And at home my phone no longer requests a PIN.

Simple little things.

View more options
Yeah, works with my android watch too, as long as I have it on no pin required.
View more options

Any other pro's and con's guys?

View more options

That's interesting, I use an SW3 with mine and no matter what security option I use (PIN included), if the watch is a trusted device, I simply swipe and the phone is unlocked.

View more options